PDA

View Full Version : .ARpack - Beginner Oil Brushes

Juz
08-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Basic set of oil brushes based on real world sizes.

Pack contains #02, #06, and #10 brushes with round, flat, glazing and impasto variants as well as a cleanup brush, a hake brush, a sketching brush and stipple brushes.

Icons are colour coded for ease of use, Red for Flat variants, Green for Round, Blue for Glazing and Grey for Effects Brushes.

Download the pack here:-
http://www.silicongraffiti.com/Oil_Brushes.zip

MSIE
08-07-2011, 12:27 AM
wow, this is a great set of brushes! I already used them and like them a lot!
thanks for sharing this package, Juz :)

cool idea to use different colours for the icons, very easy to remember which is what :)

P.S. I could not find the "Stipple Brushes", attached image shows what's inside my package - do I need glasses? :confused::p

Juz
08-07-2011, 01:40 AM
HEHE its not your eyesight its my brain :eek::D
Sorry about that i added them later to the template file but then didn't rebuild the .arpack file.

I've fixed it now and uploaded the correct version to the server, so if you grab the file again you should have them :)

MSIE
08-07-2011, 02:11 AM
great, thanks! :)

justjean
08-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Juz, thanks so much for your wonderful brushes, going to have fun with them :D

Juz
08-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks Jean :):)
I use this set for all my oils, I even use the glazing brushes for underpainting... hope you find them useful.

ARTGEEK
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the presets!!!!

lena
08-08-2011, 06:36 PM
thanks for package:D

Juz
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks Artgeek and Lena, hope you find them useful :)

terrygillooly
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the presets! I'm a newbie to oils, actually, and having these standard brushes on hand helps demystify some of the process. :)

hinket
08-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey Juz, these are great! Thanks.

Did play with them a bit, and ended up with a spaghetti squash,
an eggplant and half a watermelon. Whoa! Dangerous brushes,
urging me to eat more veggies and fruits.:D:D:D
Didn't finish them, though - the painting, that is.:p:)

swansong
10-05-2011, 07:47 AM
thanks so much for giving us these great brushes, : )

Juz
10-08-2011, 01:17 PM
@Terrygillooly, thanks I hope you find them helpful :)

@Hinket LOL for some reason i'm reminded of the monty python 'fresh fruit' sketch :D

@Swansong, you're welcome :)

kenmo
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks kindly for these....

hanzz
10-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow, that's really cool, Juice !

screenpainter
10-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks for these Juz. I see some really neat combinations and effects possible with these brushes. I loved the stiple brushes and the Hake blender and the glazing brushes. Lots of cool stuff. :)

kenmo
10-10-2011, 04:47 AM
I just found some time to play with these and they are awesome!!!!! Love the glazing brushes and sketching brush.... Way cool....

gxhpainter2
10-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Juz I don't know how you do it but l love these brushes.. I have done a few works and love the Hake blender, glazing especially... but they are all great.. we owe you!!:cool::cool:

Peter Pinckney
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
A great big THANK YOU Juz!!!!

evan3585
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks! Look forward to checking them out.

JMMK
11-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Thank you for these brushes

luckyiceskater
12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks from a new Art Rager! :)

MisTikkal
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
:D Happy fingers getting ready to play

Judilynnart
05-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forums and just found out in a tutorial that Juz supplied a set of Basic Oil Brushes. I'd love to try them out myself. I've downloaded the file and extracted them to the download folder on my PC. From there, I'm lost. I've NO idea how to get them installed to work with ArtRage. I'm using ArtRage Studio Pro 3. Windows 7.
I might also mention that the file that now exists in the folder is the .artpack file. When I click it, it simply runs the ArtRage program. How do I get the actual presets?

HannahRage
05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi. I'm new to the forums and just found out in a tutorial that Juz supplied a set of Basic Oil Brushes. I'd love to try them out myself. I've downloaded the file and extracted them to the download folder on my PC. From there, I'm lost. I've NO idea how to get them installed to work with ArtRage. I'm using ArtRage Studio Pro 3. Windows 7.
I might also mention that the file that now exists in the folder is the .artpack file. When I click it, it simply runs the ArtRage program. How do I get the actual presets?

When you open it, it should:

1. Launch ArtRage
2. Open up a window to install the various resources.

See the walkthrough here http://artrageteam.deviantart.com/art/Installing-Package-Files-in-ArtRage-415969643

You can also try opening it from within ArtRage, in case it's getting interrupted:

File > Install Package File

bbbOK
06-21-2014, 03:01 PM
What a gift, Juz! Thank you so very much. I was an oil painter before I went digital so I love love love this.;);););)

Juz
06-21-2014, 03:19 PM
What a gift, Juz! Thank you so very much. I was an oil painter before I went digital so I love love love this.;);););)

Thank you bbbOK and welcome to the digital painting world!! Here we can spray cadmium, lead and chrome coloured paints around with reckless abandon :D

Gms9810
07-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I've been using these for about a month or so, they're really good brushes. Thanks.

BillD
11-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Greetings,

It appears the link is dead. I do get to your page Juz but clicking upon the links yields nothing.

Thanks in advance for your work on this set.

Bill

Rondo
11-19-2014, 09:23 AM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rn2tjrd2jqmado3/Oil_Brushes.arpack?dl=0

I hope this helps?

BillD
11-19-2014, 01:15 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rn2tjrd2jqmado3/Oil_Brushes.arpack?dl=0

I hope this helps?

thank you much

Speedy
03-16-2015, 01:35 PM
I have used the stipple brushes in a piece of artwork and have linked back to this thread from both the ArtRage subreddit on Reddit.com and the artwork's dA page.

Linky to the ArtRage subreddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/ArtRage/comments/2z692m/my_own_work_dragon_and_wizard_stained_glass/

Thanks for sharing these! They are awesome!

envadeart
10-01-2019, 12:33 AM
I discovered artrage very late and all the links I want are mostly dead:(

markw
10-01-2019, 01:36 AM
Hello envadeart and welcome to the ArtRage forums:)
Fortunately Juz’s ArtRage Add-ons webpage is still active where you can find these brushes and other stuff, here: https://www.silicongraffiti.com/juz/

Raybrite
02-03-2020, 07:35 PM
I tried to download the pack and get Error 404 or else the other one says they cannot find it and gives 404.
Is there some way I can get them?

markw
02-04-2020, 12:51 AM
Hello Raybrite,
See my post before yours. There's an active link there:)

jeremZgl
05-04-2020, 03:07 PM
Hi, thank you for posting these brushes. The oil brushes (122 KB) for some reason do not show up under custom brushes menu. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

markw
05-04-2020, 11:45 PM
Hello jeremZgl,
The 'Beginner Oil Brushes' by Juz are, perhaps a little confusingly, installed under the title of “Basic Oil Brushes” and are presets for the Oil brush not the Custom Brush.
Tip;
If a brush hasn’t installed where you thought it would from a package file, in the Menu Bar you can go to; File > ‘Show Installed Packages’.
In the window that opens select the title of the package you are looking for in the left hand column to see details of it’s content and where that content has been installed. To dismiss the window, click the X in the top right corner.

jeremZgl
05-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Thank you, that is very helpful.:)

Paulasabout
11-12-2020, 06:23 AM
Hi

I am a newbie to digital art and therefore new to this app, I tried downloading your selection of brushes and thanks for sharing them.

But unfortunately, I am unable to download them on MS windows.

I wonder if anybody can help me to store/save paint brush settings, I am using large paintbrushes, for immediate use but if I wish to use them again I found I cannot just click on the settings again & reuse them again. Can somebody explain how I can set up my own settings for paintbrushes & knives?

Thank you

markw
11-12-2020, 07:26 AM
Hello Paulasabout and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
I’m on a Mac but I can’t think of any specific Windows OS reason why you shouldn’t be able to download Juz’s brushes:confused:
As the link at the start of this thread is dead, and in case you missed the active link I posted earlier to those brushes, I shall post it again here: https://www.silicongraffiti.com/juz/
Just click on the items you want to download and your browser should ask you what you want to do.
Once downloaded, unzip the file/s.
The Oil Brushes are in a .arpack file. Double-click it to open it and launch ArtRage or from within ArtRage itself, go to File > Install Package File… and navigate to where the your web browser downloaded the file on your system.
Once AR has found the file the Install window will open where you can review the content you wish to add. When ready click the ‘Install’ button bottom right of said window.

As for making your own presets;
Once you have a tool set up the way you want it, to save it as a Preset you can use the default key command; ctrl + Shift + P on Windows to open the 'New Preset' panel which will allow you to save your setting as a new brush for future use.
You can read specifics on doing this on the following webpage: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/getting-started-artrage/artrage-manuals/artrage-4/tools-and-presets/
The information on saving presets is to be found in the last quarter of the page, near the end.
It’s also worth mentioning this page was originally written when v4 of ArtRage was released I think so some images may look different but the actual writer information still applies in the current version AR6.

lady kerri
11-16-2020, 02:01 PM
thank you so much for these. I am a total newbie so have no idea how to make my own extras yet. Another thing I need to learn.

ModestTheJack
08-19-2021, 02:47 AM
Thank you for keeping active links in the forums for those of us late to the party. You are appreciated!

CoeliacChic
08-08-2023, 04:04 AM
I know its been a while but are these still available?

markw
08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
I know its been a while but are these still available?
Hello CoeliacChic and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
Yes, you can still download them :cool:
Try this link if you are having problems: https://www.silicongraffiti.com/juz/

CoeliacChic
08-11-2023, 03:37 AM
Thank you so much!

oriont2
01-25-2024, 01:14 AM
Hello, I also have a problem, this link does not open..

markw
01-25-2024, 04:21 AM
Hello, I also have a problem, this link does not open..
Hello oriont2 and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
In case you missed it try the link in my last post in this thread, it’s just two posts back from your post. That link still works.

Pop Alexandra
03-15-2024, 12:20 AM
Hello oriont2 and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
In case you missed it try the link in my last post in this thread, it’s just two posts back from your post. That link still works.

Thanks for highlighting.
I confirm that the link works. :)

ifotomagic
03-16-2024, 02:02 AM
I am getting an error when clicking the original link in the first post of this thread. Has the link changed?

markw
03-16-2024, 02:09 AM
I am getting an error when clicking the original link in the first post of this thread. Has the link changed?
Yes, that original link is dead now:( The perils of old threads!
All is not lost though, this link still works: https://www.silicongraffiti.com/juz/