PDA

View Full Version : A landscape puzzle

Caesar
08-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Got inspiration by Gigicharm and Camille Pissarro as a loose reference too to give a try. Glitter, knife and a few little final oil touches to imrpove some outline ...
All on one layer. To be seen distant enough.

Alexandra
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
A pleasant dream dear Cesare!

semd74
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Very detailed and very well done my friend :-) btw...I did some reading on cubist painting and the technique just really doesn't appeal to me...just a personal preference

kenmo
08-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Excellent work as always from you...:):):)

pat1940
08-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Caesar, like this a lot, you put some beautiful colors in this and I just love the look of the painting:):):):);)

gxhpainter2
08-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Caesar... interesting departure from your usual works... very well done I love the colors and it has several "little touches" like the church in the distance, a few well placed tree limbs, the remnant of a fence and the distant hills to really pull all the pieces into a very satisfying painting. very well done mate!;);):):):)

mannafig
08-05-2011, 03:45 AM
Brilliant work Cesare:):)

D Akey
08-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Exquisite. The colors are sensational. Feel very warm, rich and earthy.

I love the use of the glitter tool. It's effecting a very nice cross between the wet flow of watercolor and the staccato shots of pointillism. You have unveiled a very attractive hybrid flower at the salon.

Lima
08-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Wow:eek:, wonderful...the enlarged image is amazing.

AT-TA
08-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Interesting technique, Caesar that turned out very well. Love it.:)

Caesar
08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
There are days when reality is not far from this in the hilly countrysides in either southern France or in too many areas of Italy, dear Sandra. A look around is all You need to feel great. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Semd74. Actually I don't like particularly cubism neither just a little Braque and Leger anyway, far less Picasso. I ratrher prefer futurists which makes You see figures moving, changing in time, rather than statically in pose from multiple perspectives, and they tend to be also chromatically mor alive.

I appreciate Your compliment very much, dear Kenmo. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat! Bold colors, but hopefully credible ones with reference to reality.

Dear Gary, it was substantially made with glitter, even the sky I later on flatted down with the wet knife, but I also had to make recourse to loaded sharp knife and, in few cases, a low loaded oil brush to describe some evocative smaller detail (I couldnt spread glitter on a huge sike to get the same. Thank You!

I hope it shines enough, dear Amanda. Thank You!

Right, dear D Akey, this is another useful discovery of quite different "brushworks" adding to the sense of materic and volumes in the close field or on specific objects versus more fluid, even gaseous substances. It's worth furter exploration I guess. Thank You!

Dear Oriane, You're the master of this kind of thick and solar paintings so I'm really glad You like it. Thank You!

I can hardly imagine what You would get with this approach, dear Anna. Give a try and I'm sure we would be delighted! Thank You!