PDA

View Full Version : Blue

Belvrog
08-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi everyone. Here's my latest painting. Hope you like it.
Click on it for better viewing.

semd74
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
This is an outstanding painting...well done !!!

Peter Pinckney
08-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MJSparks
08-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Lovely work, I like the colors you used here.

Belvrog
08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Thank you Semd. Glad you like it :)

Hi Peter, thank you very much mate.

Hi Magen. Thank you!!

kenmo
08-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Like it???? More like LOVE IT!!!!... a very nice mood you've created here...

D Akey
08-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Just saw the Harry Potter finale' and she would fit right in. Fantastic presence to her. Very attractive. It's interesting that where her hand sits on her right (our left) side, the folds take on an additional hand-like visage above and below. That kind of "second read" stuff adds a lot to the viewing experience and can either come in as a happy accident, or it could be deliberately layered into the image. A little extra has this lass.

Very nice work, Belvrog!

waheednasir
08-04-2011, 08:29 PM
very nice and moody palette. i like that.

Caesar
08-04-2011, 09:03 PM
A captivating image this mysterious and quite spooky moonlight dance. Style-wise it makes the pair with Your B&W Under the rain.
Is she some sort of ghost or nocturnal spirit?

Alexandra
08-04-2011, 10:05 PM
So beautiful Belvrog, outstanding style, love it.:):):):):)

barnburner
08-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Wonderfully done. :):)

limey-g
08-05-2011, 12:32 AM
I love it, the colours set the mood so well.
Geoff

coops
08-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Great paintings Belvrog well done:)

gxhpainter2
08-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Belvrog.... first let me say along with all the others that this is a really well done painting. I like the sharp alien buildings in the far distance . the colors add to the psychological tension in the work. and the woman had a beautiful and slightly strange look... I really like this.:):););)

mannafig
08-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Very beautiful she looks almost ethereal:):)

Lima
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Belv as always a great display of talent. Congratulations.

Belvrog
08-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Thanks much Ken.

Hi D Akey. I really like your comparision with the potter finale as its mood was tending towards the same direction I had in mind for this painting. Your observations are always so much to the point. Concering that "second read" I painted the details of her dress after i did her general posture, and it was more a matter of what i thought that it would fit in there as detail, than planned repetitive shapes, wasn't even aware of it, before your comment, but I agree that it works well. I embedded something similar with some of her defining shapes and the silhouettes background to bind them together more tightly and support the feel I was out for, but with the hand that was in the best case scenario intuitive or rather a matter of luck. Thank you very much :)

Hey Waheed. Pleased you like it, thank you!!!

Hi Caesar. The painting was centered about a distinct mood. So concerning your question, I think I just can give you an indirect answer, I wanted to use the scene around her reflect what was going on in her mind, its theme is much like a threnody, so I made her made her look pale, placed the storm above her and worked on her expression, put her in some kind of hostile environment as some kind of mirror of what lied inside her. Not sure if she's a spirit, but they share the same attitude. So yes your thoughts tends much towards the direction I had in mind. Thank you! Have a great holiday!!!

Hi Sandy. Thank you very much dear friend.

Thank you Mike!!!

Thanks for your nice comment Geoff. Glad you like it.

Thanks Katie!!!!

Thank you Gary for your feedback, it's really much appreciated.

Hi Amanda. Glad you like it. Thanks alot mate!!!

Hi Oriane. Ok now I'm blushing.:) Good to have you around mate. Thank you!!!

ScottF
08-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Always a joy to see your work, and this is a fine one indeed!

Bumble
08-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I love this:):eek::):):) I absolutley love the flow and folds of her dress :D:D
Wonderful;)

Belvrog
08-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Thank you very much Scott!!!

Thank you very much Suzanne. Really glad you like it !!!