PDA

View Full Version : From a fantasy fiction

Caesar
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I started with a tool and process intent then I went on in a fully different way as stimulated by recent Pat on a Waterhouse copy made with crayons.
I therefore used a picture and crayons. Portrait on one layer background by merging a couple of my colored sheets and adding some spots and color areas.
I'm not fully satisfied since I didn't catch all the subtle transitions and tones I'm afraid, but pastels on one layer are not easy to use in a reasonably fast way to get any detail ...

mannafig
08-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I think this is beautiful dear Cesare a lovely pose:):)

semd74
08-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Caesar...this is an exceptional painting. The tones, colors and shades are nothing short of perfection...well done !!!

felixdk
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Really beautiful work Caesar.

coops
08-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Wow Cesare, I have to say this is one of your very best paintings. I love the look on her face which says to me of dreamy happiness and blissful days. Its a beautiful painting:)

Alexandra
08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
How lovely Cesare. You always capture the essence of the person.:):):):):)

Jasminek
08-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Breathtaking portrait!!! Love this style indeed.:)

limey-g
08-03-2011, 12:20 AM
One of your best Caesar, you draw and paint figures so well.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
08-03-2011, 01:23 AM
dear Caesar... as the others have said this is one of your finest works to date. the beautiful woman. excellent treatment of pose and hair and expression. the background looks like lush foliage behind her until you look really close. but the impression is of a beautiful woman seated in front of a wall of greenery... excellent excellent work..;);):cool::cool::cool::cool::eek:

kenmo
08-03-2011, 01:48 AM
I think it turned out quite well....:):):)

ScottF
08-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Caesar, I donīt know if this is your finest piece--but itīs certainly up there with the best! What a great portrait!

pat1940
08-03-2011, 02:12 AM
My dear Caesar, you should have no complaints about this beautiful portrait, it is perfect, a job well done, I love it:):):):):):)
Caesar I am working on a painting now, doing it all pastels, it is Lady in Red, I am using misterpaint canvas with 0 roughness and chalk at 100% pressure, it is working out much better do not see those little white pinholes:D

justjean
08-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Beautiful :):):):):):):):):)

barnburner
08-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow! This portrait is deserving of in depth observation.:D:D Magnificent job Caesar. Just wonderfully done. :):):)

D Akey
08-03-2011, 07:18 AM
You know those portraits where they say their eyes follow you around the room. . . Could you please let me know if her eyes do that, cause I haven't gotten to her eyes yet. Mine seem to be at star-crossed purpose.

I look at this painting and I think "Abundanza!"

Really, sometimes it's great looking at the world through your eyes via your pictures. It's so. . . um. . .what's the word. . . your paintings very much have a narrative voice. Nice articulation with this image.

I really like this one. :cool:

Caesar
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda! Actually I was struck by this actress features when I saw her on the first episode of the Sword of the Truth (hopefully the same title in English). She looked very characteristically elvish and irish in a legendary way to me, so I decided to get inspiration and study her in case as a credible fantasy character ... not secondary to the choice her reserved, delicate and gentle, still unbridled, beauty and charm of course. :D

Actually if I got a little closer than usual to perfection it's possibly also due to the fact that the subject is far from being ugly, dear Semd74. :D Thank You!

Dear Felix, You know, I love Giulietta also when she isn't got four wheels ... :p Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I presume that an image of a dreamy, peaceful, joyful beautiful lady surrounded by vegetation is much in line with Your artistic inspiration, although I did it my slightly more "materialistic" way, so I'm glad to get Coops' blessing on such a composition.

You're right, dear Sandra, that's my aim in a way and it's hopefully in a sense that's far from caging rather to give full expression to the beauty and personality. Thank You!

Dear Jasmine, pastels are to some extent demanding, but also quite gratifying when You succeed. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Limey-g. That was also my interest and knack since my childhood so I eventually had to learn a little bit thereabout if I were not fully inept. :p

Thank you, dear Gary, for Your flattering compliments. The least I actually paint the most You may freely imagine to be around ... so You practically concur completing the painting.;):)

Knowing Your mastery, I'm aways glad when I get Your approval certificate, dear Kenmo! :p Thank You!

Thank You, dear Scott! I wish I could keep always this standard as a floor ... :rolleyes:

Thank You, dear Pat also for Your information. With roughness 0 and what texture, if any? In the past I used cell over a white sheet for absolite smoothness I needed in few cases. I can't wait to see Your forthcoming artpiece using Stefano's canvas and pastels ... I'm sure it will be another stunner!

Thank You very much, dear Jean! :):):):):)

I don't think she looks much different from Your last story protagonist as a character, do You, dear Barn? You probably carried out a similarly in-depth exploration as author ... psychologically I mean. :D Thank You!

LOL:D Dear D Akey, You're absolute amusement and intelligence in any of Your comments! I think You got captured by other globes following You around the room.
Actually this piece looks like a merge of Dante and the Stil Novo poetry movement he was the leader of, enjoying the feminine beauty and charm in an ideal way as a path to Heaven, and of Boccaccio, who realized that it would be a pity if this pure and cathartic love couldn't provide also some anticipation of heavenly contemplations and feelings.:p
Thank You!

AT-TA
08-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Caesar, she is gorgeous, just enjoying herself to be young and beautiful. Made of milk and honey i think. I always said that your women are so alive and sometimes juicy. :)Love the colors here, full of summer evenings and sweetnes. Bravo!!!!

Caesar
08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Thank You, dear Anna! Maybe I'm completely outdated, but I still like to celebrate the feminine beauty in the widest sense, which is possibly what speaks the most evidently and involvingly of the mystery and ineffable charm and delight of the creation and love...

Lima
08-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Beautiful painting of a mostly generous lady. Congratulations Ceasar.

Belvrog
08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, it's a fantastic painting mate. Very well done. Great expression and a convincing posture.;):)

waheednasir
08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
good job mate..:)

Caesar
08-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Dear Oriane, she was generous enough to pose and it was more than enough and safer at my age ... :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Belvrog! I think the subject helps considerably the popularity of this painting ...:p

A most appreciated blessing Your positive comment, dear Waheed! Thank You!