PDA

View Full Version : Pathways of Thorns - Download info

barnburner
08-02-2011, 12:00 AM
For those that like to read my novels, my latest, Pathways of Thorns, is finished and available in pdf
format for download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8z3xuz732axbwi/Pathways%20of%20Thorns.pdf

The cover painting is attached here.

Any comments, pro or con, are welcome, and can be sent either by pm here, or at:
[email protected]
Hope you enjoy the story! :):):)

barnburner
08-02-2011, 02:31 AM
I forgot to add that some of the credit (or blame) :D for this story goes to my dear friend Sandy (Alexandra). As I was trying to decide what I would write next, her Concubine painting got the wheels turning in my mind, and my story was born.
Thanks Sandy!:):)

semd74
08-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks Mike...lookin forward to finishing this one

MSIE
08-02-2011, 07:29 AM
barnburner, I enjoyed reading the novel! :)

MJSparks
08-02-2011, 08:02 AM
always a pleasure, if you get really brave... I might suggest looking into e-book publishing.

https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin

I have bought several kindle books by authors who have not been contracted to a specific company. The prices ranged from Free to a few bucks and are of all types of categories and genres, even kid books. Of course the more popular ones are a bit more expensive but you can choose how you work with them, at least that is how I read it. There are some of these authors that have made a name for themselves solely by way of something like this.

May be something for you and our other aspiring author/illustrators could look into. ;)

J Witt
08-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Down loaded. Look forward to reading it.

barnburner
08-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Steve - Thanks a lot. Hope you enjoy it. :):)

MSIE - Thank you, so glad you enjoyed it. :):)

Magen - Thank you so much. This appears to be something I may try to do. Have to do some homework to figure out the formatting, but I'm going to give it a shot. I appreciate your heads up on this very much! :):):)

J Whitt - Thanks for downloading, and I really hope you enjoy the story. :):)

MJSparks
08-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Anytime Barn, I have bought some very great series off of there. Each book cost me anywhere from 99 cents per book of a 5 book series to 2.99 per book of a 6 book series. Where something like that in paper back would run me about 5-7 dollars a book. (at least in my neck of the woods.)

I know when I decide on doing something similar, I will look in that direction myself.

Good luck. I really hope it works out for you and anyone else who chooses that path. I'd like to brag to everyone I know, "Hey, I knew that person before they became a famous author!"

:)

barnburner
08-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Anytime Barn, I have bought some very great series off of there. Each book cost me anywhere from 99 cents per book of a 5 book series to 2.99 per book of a 6 book series. Where something like that in paper back would run me about 5-7 dollars a book. (at least in my neck of the woods.)

I know when I decide on doing something similar, I will look in that direction myself.

Good luck. I really hope it works out for you and anyone else who chooses that path. I'd like to brag to everyone I know, "Hey, I knew that person before they became a famous author!"

:)

I've been studying their "how to" section for converting to their file, and I think I have it figured out. If so, I'm going to try it out.
I'm not focused on making any money, (if it's forced upon me, I'll take it),:D but mainly it would be a way to get more exposure and hopefully find more readers.
Thanks again Mags... Much appreciated.

mannafig
08-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Beautiful Mike you done a great Job on this one:):)

Alexandra
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I am going to download it now. Can't wait dear friend!:):):):):) (so happy that I could be an inspiration!)

Mike, do I have to download mediafire? Will it work on Mac?

barnburner
08-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Beautiful Mike you done a great Job on this one:):)

Thank you so very much Amanda. Truly appreciated. :):)

barnburner
08-03-2011, 02:39 AM
I am going to download it now. Can't wait dear friend!:):):):):) (so happy that I could be an inspiration!)

Mike, do I have to download mediafire? Will it work on Mac?

Mediafire is just a file sharing website where I uploaded the pdf file to. All you have to do is download. If you have any trouble, let me know.
Thank you very much Sandy! :):)