here's an example of his tunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYw7o4YUAJU
i hope you guys like it

kenmo
08-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Very nice sketch....

D Akey
08-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Nice drawing, nice tribute.

As to the music, it's a cool techno (?) sequencing, looping kind of sound is it? Heavy too. Some like a dirge or macabre march, no? At least that piece you linked to. Could see it as a background in a movie because it lays in a moody patina.

Cool blend of music and art.

Illuminati
08-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Nice drawing, nice tribute.

As to the music, it's a cool techno (?) sequencing, looping kind of sound is it? Heavy too. Some like a dirge or macabre march, no? At least that piece you linked to. Could see it as a background in a movie because it lays in a moody patina.

Cool blend of music and art.
well i'm into the music scene myself (i create tunes and Dj) and what he's making is something we describe as: "UK funky" which is also what i'm trying to make. thanks for your kind words:)

D Akey
08-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I got linked to "Basquiat" which feels like a requiem, perhaps a sort of Goth thing.

By "UK Funky" is something different than that? I will have to look up the meaning of the word "funky". I always took it to mean beat driven and sort of popping, dance worthy syncopation.

How interesting. And yeah, I am waaaaaayyyyyy out of the loop.

Anyway, any other examples of UK funky that you would care to share for a further idea of the sound. Very cool. Something artful and new as it develops. . .

Illuminati
08-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I got linked to "Basquiat" which feels like a requiem, perhaps a sort of Goth thing.

By "UK Funky" is something different than that? I will have to look up the meaning of the word "funky". I always took it to mean beat driven and sort of popping, dance worthy syncopation.

How interesting. And yeah, I am waaaaaayyyyyy out of the loop.

Anyway, any other examples of UK funky that you would care to share for a further idea of the sound. Very cool. Something artful and new as it develops. . .

Yeah zomby makes uk funky, this aint that funky tho' but that's because i thought i'd better link to a calm song:)
For typical you should look up "canblaster" it's an artist who makes a lot of funky stuff