PDA

View Full Version : Bugs on a Hill

kenmo
07-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Here's a reworking of an earlier image I did a few years ago before I discovered ArtRage. I retouched the image using Artrage 3.51 Studio Pro.

The orginal image was done using digital photos I shot of the VW Beetles at a car show. The digital photos were brought into Corel Painter IX.5 and worked over. The hill, the cars are photo manipulations of digital photos I took. The water surface was created in Paint Shop Pro.... The sky & clouds and rocks around the water were painted in Painter IX.5...

I was never pleased with the image so last night I brought it into ArtRage and painted the trees using my tree stencils. I also touched up the grass using ArtRage's sticker sprays (grass, bushes, etc)... The birds were also created in Artrage using my bird stencils...

Cheers

Ken

coops
07-31-2011, 07:19 AM
WOW Herbie and family, Kenmo this is brilliant. Makes me want to make up a story to go with it. I can see this on the front of a childrens book.:)

semd74
07-31-2011, 07:37 AM
Fantastic image !!!

ScottF
07-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Your retouching in AR worked beautifully!

Alexandra
07-31-2011, 10:06 AM
I loved the old bugs, I don't understand why they were redesigned.
Great one Ken!

mannafig
07-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Fantastic:):)

Valerie
07-31-2011, 01:19 PM
This is awesome
Val

gxhpainter2
07-31-2011, 01:24 PM
kenmo... fantastic synthesis of images using a variety of tools to create this unique image... I really like this style.. :cool::cool::cool:;);)

Jasminek
08-01-2011, 12:22 AM
It is fantastic indeed! All colors are bright and perfect.:)

felixdk
08-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Excellent painting! My first thought was a family of wild Beetles visiting the watering hole, then I remembered that they're air cooled :).

pat1940
08-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Ken, I absolutely love this painting, the color just pops right out, great work;):)

kenmo
08-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks kindly.... I appreciate your comments and feedback....

jibes
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Ken this is a great painting! I love the scene!

D Akey
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old car went to heaven when I had to put a bullet in it's head at the end of its career as my magic carpet. . . Back in 19 and 70 it was. . . <*hock, spitooi!*>. . .was a time when I could walk faster than it could drive up a hill. . . but it had HEART!

Took me and a school chum all they way up to Big Sur and back to LA on 2 cylinders, oil the viscosity of Aunt Jemimah's pancake syrup, and a hit of acid. . . and I respect that car more than any of the new rides of any make or model. . .

So it went to the happy parking lot in the sky. . . far f***in out.

Caesar
08-01-2011, 09:04 PM
This image is powerful and takes me back to old good times of my childhood, with bugs and beetles. Moreover this car was probably the most popular and lasting one ever! A legend in its way.
We called it Maggiolino, a typical colorful spring coleopter, maggio in Italian is May. There was later on also a Maggiolone version (to indicate a more powerful and restyled one I guess).
I appreciate far less the present remaking of it or of the Mini Morris or of the 500. In the old times with them You got more with less while today it's just the contrary and You pay less for the fashionable name and vaguely similar look.