PDA

View Full Version : He's the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B

P. D. Dinkles
07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
A Tribute to Our Parents

It's December, nearly one year after the bombing at Pearl Harbor. One night, in Hollywood at the USO, the band strikes up, and the Andrew Sisters began to sing the song everyone wanted to hear.

He was a famous trumpet man from out Chicago way
He had a boogie style that no one else could play
He was the top man at his craft
But then his number came up and he was gone with the draft
He's in the army now, a-blowin' reveille
He's the boogie woogie bugle boy of Company B

The soldiers and sailors grabbed the nearest gal and they went wild dancing the Boogie Woogie with thoughts of war, perhaps for the last time, far, far, away.

It became the iconic song of World War II. Our finest hour. Our greatest generation. Let these men and women know how much you appreciate what they did. Before they leave us.

Caesar
07-29-2011, 10:51 PM
This is marvellous and very much 60ies ... I like it very much!

barnburner
07-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Well done sir. Great theme. It was a time when the world reached the depths of horror, and climbed the pinnacles of greatness. I have always been fascinated by that era, it's events, and it's remarkable people.
:):):)

justjean
07-30-2011, 12:31 AM
PD, a great tribute to a great time, it was written in 1941 , thanks for bringing back memories of my childhood :D

coops
07-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Ohhhhhhhh I like this one and I also enjoy the music too. This reminds me of cave paintings as well. Nice one P.D.:)

gxhpainter2
07-30-2011, 02:08 AM
PD fantastic wild dancing figures...great tribute the subtle colors here and there and crowd of figures are great stuff...:cool::cool::cool:;);)

P. D. Dinkles
07-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I, like Barnburner have spent a lifetime looking up to these people.

On the periphery, impinging upon the crowd is the threat. In the middle, a glowing beacon of hope.

GXH. as ever...

Coops. Yes I thought cave paintings. But it became a dance floor.

Justjean and others, even as a child, thank you for your sacrifice.

J Witt
07-30-2011, 03:18 AM
Let the dancing begin what a Great song and a great message you portray here. very jazzy.

ScottF
07-30-2011, 08:25 AM
What a fine effort, PD! apart from having a "cave art" feel to it, as mentioned above, it also has the feel of the kokopelli (check out google if you´re not familiar with him). He too was a musician. Again, great painting.

P. D. Dinkles
07-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Scott:

Thanks. I was not aware. Might be subject of future paint.

Alexandra
07-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I love this era PD. What an incredible time in history. Excellent work!