PDA

View Full Version : Rail to an Unknown Island

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 04:30 AM
a slightly derailed concept... using some AR metallic... hope you enjoy this, comments and crits always welcome.;);)

MaryLou
07-24-2011, 04:42 AM
I like the sense of depth... like I wouldn't want to fall off!

pat1940
07-24-2011, 04:50 AM
You did it again Gary, and agree with Marylou, I do feel the rails are high above the mountains;):)

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 05:08 AM
marylou and pat... thanks for visiting and taking time to comment... just walk carefully and don't look down..:p:p:D:D

sabena
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi gxhpainter

I like your style, it is free and colorful. wonderful painting:rolleyes:

Bumble
07-24-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree, I love your style :D

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 10:43 AM
bumble, and sabena.... thanks so much for the kind comments... abstracts sometimes are hard for others to appreciate. so your taking time to comment is most welcome.:):)

screenpainter2
07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
it's pretty on a wall.

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 03:03 PM
screenpainter..... thanks so much for the kind comment;);):):)

justjean
07-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Gary, perhaps I'm nuts but this made me think of a self made man staring down at the mechanical world :D

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 04:51 PM
jean you are not far off.... this was a statement about how the mechanical in our lives can take us into a deeper if not different vision and understanding of the world...:):)

P. D. Dinkles
07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
The master of 21st century symbolism, and a mixture of other movements. If you are young there is a good chance you might see these paintings in Art History books. And you can say, I know that guy.

gxhpainter2
07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
PD... young I am not (63) but thanks for the great support and interesting takes on my work that you have shared...;);):):)

MSIE
07-25-2011, 04:26 AM
this looks like an island in a virtual world, and I love it! beautiful colours, especially the golden beach :)

D Akey
07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Very awesome, this one, GX. It has the feeling of a concept very much being played out in color and shape and texture and all those visual modes. It keep changing, as I sit back and absorb the various impressions, staying out of imposing an interpretation on it. . . just sorta taking the train to that destination to which it is heading.

I first see a man, almost as undifferentiated as one of those wooden segmented dummies that are used for drawing, pliable and constrained all at once in order to be of use. The surrounding thick vegetation is sort of doing what metaphorically the sea did for the deep recesses of the unconscious. The island itself (of course the head in my way of looking at it) is bare, as if an empty vessel into which images and impressions etc can be affixed, where they can grow or disappear, whatever is the whim of the . . . er. . . dummy. Hahah.

And of course the idea of the 'trip' and 'vehicle' and all that is filled with possible associations.

I could go on but shan't for fear of blowing the one size fits all quality of such symbolic imagery to which abstraction is so well suited. I just said enough to let ya know this is what I'm getting. Very full. Plus it's a very fine design, as far as I'm concerned and could stand on those merits alone.

Well done!!!!!

Caesar
07-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Stupendous! There seems to be always an inner diffused light in Your paintings and the one in here is particularly delightful ...

coops
07-25-2011, 08:05 PM
I like this one very much Gary, so much to see and interpret.:)

gxhpainter2
07-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Katie ... thanks so much I am quite happy you like this one.

Caesar.. you are right.. the lighting in my work does not usually correspond to a single fixed source but I prefer to hint at multiple hidden sources external and interal to the shapes... by which I draw the viewers eye into and around.. hopefully not making them dizzy in the process...:p

Mr D Akey I truly admire your comments about mine or others work.. no matter the image you always cause us to think and rethink what we have been presented with.... you are an art critic in the very best sense of the word..:):);)