PDA

View Full Version : Another book cover for Conan and some sketches

cartuneman
07-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Here are a couple sketches and a book cover for a friend who is trying to write Conan stories.

The first pic is just a 5 minute warm up sketch using the markers and the pic of the dog is done with marker and airbrush. The book cover is first pencil sketched and then layered and airbrushed. The pic of the Pirate girl was a fun sketch I did while doing some other art. I do that sometimes and never figured out why.........I'll be working on a piece of art work and at the same time be doodling another that has nothing to with what I'm working on.....guess I have a split artistic mind huh? lol

sabena
07-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Today 08:47 AMcartunemanToday 08:47 AMcartunemanHi Cartuneman
Good Tecnique i like very much the face very good work. fantastic:D

shechat
07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I love everything you post cartuneman, so glad to see you back on the forum.

Belvrog
07-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Hi cartuneman, welcome back. These are great. Very different styles, but all very convincing and very well done. :) Love the first warm up sketch,great!

gxhpainter2
07-24-2011, 05:50 AM
cartuneman... very nice sketches I like your technique...:):)

mannafig
07-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Nice Sketches Cartuneman:):)

Strandy
07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
'Pirate Girl' is super! I love this level of detail :)

kenmo
07-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Conan and the works of Robert E Howard are my favorite reading material of all time... I still purchase the Darkhouse Comics Conan series... Also some of my favorite artists of all time have illustrated this famous barbarian. Frank Frazetta did many of the pocket book covers and Barry Windsor-Smith, Gil Kane, John Buscema pencil the comic series at Marvel...

Fantastic work... Please give us an heads up when it's published...

Cheers & warmest regards...

Caesar
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
What a fantastic ride among Your marvellous creations! Excellent!

coops
07-25-2011, 07:48 PM
As always fantastic work from you Cartuneman:)

Juz
07-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll be working on a piece of art work and at the same time be doodling another that has nothing to with what I'm working on.....guess I have a split artistic mind huh? lol

Hehehe... in this day and age isn't it called 'Multitasking' ? :D;)

Fantastic work all.....always a joy to see your posts :)