PDA

View Full Version : Simone

Caesar
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Here's another portrait for a friend (his younger boy). A background and all on one layer only. I hope impression and expression will look credible notwistanding I don't have time and patience to over-detail and set a samples palette, but just to go fast enough and somehow "alla prima".

shechat
07-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Excellent portrait Caesar, I really like the skin tones, your friend will love it

justjean
07-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Beautiful painting Caesar of a handsome young boy :)

semd74
07-22-2011, 11:00 PM
A superb painting my friend !!!

barnburner
07-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Caesar, your work remains amazing!
Well done. :):):):)

Bumble
07-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Wonderful Work Caesar, I'm sure your friend will love it:D

Alexandra
07-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Just look at that handsome inquisitive face, you've captured much in this precious portrait Cesare. Excellent excellent excellent!

limey-g
07-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Really good Caesar, I always admire how you use colour to bring out the contours of the face.
Keep them coming they are such an inspiration.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
07-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Caesar - from all the previous remarks you are now aware of what an great job you did with this....and i concur totally.... I love the expressiveness of his face and eyes.. and am really drawn to the loose and colorful brushwork of his shirt.. the slightly looser work there emphasis's the tighter handling in the face and creates a creative and artistic balance I really like...;););):):):):)

pat1940
07-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Caesar, this is magnificent job on this portrait, I know he will love it, the eyes and expression says it all......wonderful job:):):):););););)

EB
07-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I think this is one of my favorites of your work

Belvrog
07-23-2011, 11:51 AM
So beautifully done Caesar.

D Akey
07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Very nice image Caesar! Your portrait skills are getting really good. The color use makes it very alive and fresh feeling.

In future, you may not want to necessarily handle the reflections in the eyes so dead on, even though flash photography with the subject looking straight on into the camera does that a lot. It sort of clouds the 'windows to the soul' which the eyes are sometimes called. Instead, if you know your subject's eye color, you can construct a normal eye and put in smaller but more strategic reflections that make them seem moist, but show the iris for the most part.

It's a feature most clients would want to have accurately and thoroughly represented. That's where your knowledge of anatomy and your artistic chops come into play -- when you have to add or enhance something that is not clear. . . unless you are after an effect for some other reason.

But it looks really good and you should be very pleased with this really well done portrait. Bravo!

sabena
07-23-2011, 09:51 PM
hi Caesar

Your style is unique :cool:fantastic painting and great work :D

Caesar
07-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Thank You, dear Shechat, Jean, Semd74, Barn, Suzanne, Sandra, Limey, Gary, EB, Belvrog, D Akey and Sabena, for Your most kind expression of appreciation.
D Akey comment was also appreciated for its suggestion. As usual he was spot on and accurate in his observation.
The picture I started with (I only saw once this boy for a while, while we know far much better his father and met a few times the rest of the family) was a only one, quite poor (I had to enhance it a little bit with PS4 to see something) and was taken with a flash. So I had to work a little with imagination and a few passes increasing tones and tweawing hues by direct mix. It happened also for his childish inquisitive character which was weaker on the picture, but, as D Akey observed, I should have dared even more, especially on his eyes (where the flash light impacted the most practically hiding their details).

coops
07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Fantastic portrait Cesare:)

mannafig
07-25-2011, 09:28 PM
A fantastic portrait dear Cesare he looks like a little ray of sunshine:):)

Caesar
07-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Thank You, dear Katie. I go on learning ... one day I may start a business out of them. :D
Dear Amanda, that's how we may define kids and they certainly are, as we say, the light of their parents' eyes .... Thank You!

Mike Severoff
07-26-2011, 05:30 AM
Yes, it's excellent

Caesar
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Thank You, dear Mike. Welcome back home! :p