PDA

View Full Version : Sookie and Bill

Alexandra
07-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Playing with pen and ink.
I am hooked on this series and I am devouring book five right now.

Please Sookie, give Bill a chance, he is a vampire, a gorgeous vampire and he loves you. lol.
Absolutely love these books.

Thanks for looking.

pat1940
07-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Sandy, what a wonderful illustration, you are getting so good at this, very well done;);):):)

semd74
07-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Sandy, I don't know anything about the book series but this is a wonderful painting :):):)

Alexandra
07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Pat and Steve, Thanks so much sweeties!
I haven't watched the series True Blood as most have. I do not have cable out in this area, and I let the satellite go. I don't watch a lot of television to begin with. I think it is a lot less expensive going to the library and painting with our wonderful Artrage for fun.:)

justjean
07-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Sandy,a beautiful illustration of what I asume is the two main characters :D . I don't know either the Sookie and Bill series nor True Blood, I prefer to read also but my choice of reading is old time english stories or true crime books :D

Caesar
07-21-2011, 06:30 AM
This is a great style for both comics and stained glass!:eek::cool::):):):):)
I like it, although vampires stories and movies are obsessing us from every corner in these days ... :D

EB
07-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Nicely done

gxhpainter2
07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Sandy... very well done I like the illustrative quality ( mostly flat colors with hints of shading and volume ) and the black lines....:):):):cool::cool: another winner for you!...

Alexandra
07-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Jean, Thank you very much.
I too share a love for the old classics and mysteries. Especially mysteries. I think that is what appeals to me most of all with this series.
I like her first person perspective of a common average young woman with a trust worthy and kind nature involved with something so outrageous. The first time I read it- I threw it on the coffee table and said, I don't understand-what is all the hype about!
I gave it another chance a few weeks ago and understand better now. The author is very witty, and it is told with a dry southern styled wit leaving the reader with surprises and giggles throughout the series.
I will warn you ahead of time-some scenes are very explicit and should be out of reach of young readers in my opinion. ;):)

Thanks so much dear Cesare. I agree.

Thanks so much Earle!

Many thanks Gary, I am so pleased you liked it.

Jasminek
07-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Very nice interpretation of characters. Well done dear Alexandra.:)

barnburner
07-21-2011, 11:17 PM
I will warn you ahead of time-some scenes are very explicit and should be out of reach of young readers in my opinion. ;):)

Darn, I was going to read it, but I guess I'm too young... :D:D:D

Excellent job Sandy. Must admit that prior to your painting, I knew nothing about the story. Maybe when I grow up I'll check it out..... :D;);)

Alexandra
07-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Thank you very much dear Jasmine!

haha Mike. You might find yourself in the library each week.:p

shechat
07-22-2011, 05:29 AM
I dont know the books but I love your elegant linework Sandy

mannafig
07-22-2011, 05:32 AM
A fantastic style dear Sandy I love it.:):)
The books are quite different from the TV series but just as good.