PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in a nebula

Caesar
07-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Here's another experiment's outcome I hope You may like.
Two versions, hopefully You may like one at least ...

limey-g
07-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Very interesting Caesar, could you give us a little insight as to how you produced these ?
I rather like the first one.
Geoff

Caesar
07-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Thank you, dear Limey-g!
Here's the "recipe" You asked for.
The problem here was to get a texturized silhouette as a possible base for possibly painting on a texture layer underneath. It came from my frustration at reproducing well enough Segantini paintings, a great Italian divisionist whose alpine subjects artpieces (landscapes with people and animals) are full of shining colors and lights.
Anyway I used one of my custom backgrounds on a layer, drew an imaginary lady silhouette (only its outline) then filled the silhouette to get a stencil out of it, removed the inner color and using together the stencil and the selection tools, colored it. The effect was to keep the texture.
Afterwards I did it again on nother layer using that stencil and one from the standard gradients.
Finally I duplicated both the background and the figure. I multiplied either of the two (to have it darker) and linearly dodged the other one (to lighten), thus getting a better tonal separation of the lady from the background.
The signature is simply handmade over the top with some highlighting ...:D

justjean
07-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Both are very interesting and great use of texture Caesar. I think perhaps I tend to like the first the best tho :D

gxhpainter2
07-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Caesar... fabulous work using AR in a very creative way to achieve your images... I also am partial to the first although I like the second I am not thrilled with the choice of background.... too distracting... may just a flat color or a build up of color like a flat color then scumbling over it with two or three tones of the same color....

But the major point I think you have shown here is that with digital media the creative process is not limited to the subject matter but also in the skill ,knowledge and creativity used in manipulation of all the tools orchestrated into a composltion... excellent excellent effort...:cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Bobbyray
07-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Caesar

Nice one.....but I have never seen such a beautiful shape in any of my nebulas....darn. hehe haha :eek:

kenmo
07-19-2011, 04:06 AM
Very interesting work.... I like it....:):):)

mannafig
07-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Very nice Cesare I like the 1st one:):)

Alexandra
07-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Great idea Cesare and fantastic artwork!:cool::):):):):)

byroncallas
07-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi Caesar. The first appeals more to my aesthetic sensibilities. The lesson here is the infinite variety of options exploring and creating in AR that some might not naturally associate with it and which give the artist a freer hand to develop something specific and personal rather than running something through a filter and just taking what you get. Both of course are legitimate processes in given creative or commercial contexts. But I take greater pleasure in the personal generation and creative decision-making side of this mode of digital creation. AR seems to well support this sensibility and sentiment as your own explorations attest. :):)

semd74
07-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Great work Caesar and very interesting...really like the BG on the first one !!!

iceaxe
07-19-2011, 10:09 AM
An interesting appllication of concrete like texture, which works best for No 1

Caesar
07-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Thank You, dear Jean. I would agree with You too.

That's part of the fun with ArtRage, as you say dear Gary, devising some forms of "manual/ virtual" manipulation and compose them to either build up some appealing or credibly amazing image or just enhancing a classically and manually made "core". Thank You!

Just to make me feel at home also in outer space, dear BobbyRay ... ;) Thank You!

Dear Kenmo, Your supportive words are always much appreciated. Thank You!

I go on discovering how much important is to have good texture to improve some types of artwork, however You may get it, even just starting with appropriate backgrounds, dear Amanda. Thank You.

Thank You, dear Sandra! I think I should pay a royalty to Coops for this subject.:p

Dear Byron, You're absolutely right. Whenever don't use real world tools and tricks I pay attention to avoiding or minimizing any complex, authomatic, mechanical elaboration and keep a far greater amount of creative decisions and manual interventions which should constitute the critical value added and the uniqueness of that artpiece which cannot be repeated in full. An artisanal element is always required in my view in an artwork. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Semd74! I agree too on the choice.

I like more and more to introduce some base textures, dear Iceaxe. Thank You!

Jasminek
07-19-2011, 11:35 PM
If I have to choose, it will be the first one. Love the background on both though.:)

Caesar
07-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Thank You, dear Jasmine! Don't worry about choosing, I'm not going to shoot the other one ...:D

Saphire
07-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Ceasar, these are two great pieces of work, my favorite is no 1, I don't know why but the outline and the background complement each other and make it look more fluid.

jibes
07-20-2011, 03:44 AM
My vote is no1. Nice figure!

pat1940
07-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Your ideas never cease to amaze me Caesar, great work;):)

Nika
07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Both are really nice. The first piece looks more interesting for me :)

Caesar
07-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Dear Sahire, I agree and I think You're right on the outline too! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jibes! I tried to go to the essence of the movement with this figure and left all the descriptive rest away.

Dear Pat, I can only manage to deal very simple ideas and procedures. Time and patience are not enough by me and I have to get an outcome within my fun and motivation are on ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Nika! The first one was unanimously elected then!