PDA

View Full Version : A Valley in July

iceaxe
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Havent been here for a while, made redundant at work so now have a bit of spare time at last (while looking for my next income earner), am re-aquainting myself with AR menus again
Here is my first for this year I think

kenmo
07-18-2011, 11:16 PM
A very pleasing scene.... Love it....:)

Jasminek
07-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Good to see your paintings again, this one looks so peaceful!:)

mannafig
07-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Very nice to look at and wonder where the road leads to:):)

Alexandra
07-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Brings the viewer to an interesting road and very symbolic in my view. Perhaps decisions that arise in life and paths that we must choose.:)

Bobbyray
07-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Welcome back iceaxe

Nice painting too..... I see that you are from the Milky Way....meee too:eek:
Which Arm and Star system, we could be distantly related? hehe ;)

iceaxe
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Thank you kenmo
I had no reference, so your comment is encouraging to me

Thank you Jasminek
Its good to be back again and to see that you still uploading your art

Thank you mannafig
I not sure myself, other than it is looking West
You have given me an idea though, I might add the view from the top (looking further West) to my To do list

Thank you Alexandra
A timely and insightful reply, maybe your comment reveals more of the inner man than I imagined! Many thoughts shared on this forum are as interesting as the wealth of artworks on the server

Thank you Bobbyray
Yes fellow citizens of the cosmos, though I havent ventured very far out of this neigbourhood yet. I can tell you one interesting fact however. I recently wrote to one of my old maths tutors with an astronomical problem that I have pondered for many years, (having worked in a cable factory that manufactured 430 km lengths of 0.4 mm diameter copper wire).
I often wondered, if I stretched the volume of the Earth into a single straight line length of such wire, just how far would it stretch?

Her answer came back a week or so later and really suprised me
7 *10 to the power of 11 LIGHT YEARS!
thats something like (700,000,000,000 x 186,282 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365) miles, if I remember my math

The Andromeda Galaxy (M31, or NGC 224), according to Wikipedia, is only 2.5 million light-years from Earth

For artragers who are interested in Adromeda, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_Galaxy
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda_Galaxy)
For Speed of light, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light

gxhpainter2
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
iceax... I like this landscape the hills and mountains are unique ... I like the signs "Give Way"..... an excellent metaphor for daily life..;););)

justjean
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
A lovely painting of a great scene but is the storm coming or going ? if it's coming I won't follow the road but if it's leaving I might travel to the top of the hill to see whats coming :D

jibes
07-19-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't know what it is but somehow I'm attracted to the two little points on the hill off to the right. :):) That's just me though.
A nice scene.

Caesar
07-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I like very much this view and this fresh and quite original style!

iceaxe
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Thankyou
Caesar
Jibes
Justjean
gxhPainter

Creating this was the most fun Ive had in a while, Thanks again :)

coops
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
A lovely fresh painting, well done Iceaxe:)