PDA

View Full Version : Linear Fugue

gxhpainter2
07-17-2011, 05:40 AM
2 or more voices built on a theme.... a more linear composition and back to a more complex layering of texture..hope jibes likes this ..:D:D;)

byroncallas
07-17-2011, 06:02 AM
Wonderful Gary. There is an effect of this being painted on marble that is then put under glass and framed that is palpable. It's solid as a rock but with such delicate features, some on the marble, and some painted on the back of the glass, tying it all together with elegance and grace, almost a contradiction of itself that compliments itself, rock under glass, perhaps a fugal counterpoint in its own right. Regardless of interpretation, it's beautiful to behold, a perfect piece to hang on any living room or gallery wall. :):)

semd74
07-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Fantastic effect Gary...I like this one !!!

gxhpainter2
07-17-2011, 07:24 AM
byron... your elaboration on this is wonderful to read and enjoy... thanks so much dear friend for your support and perceptive comments.

steve.... so glad you like this.. your support is a constant and much appreciated by me.

MSIE
07-17-2011, 07:33 AM
yes, without reading Byron's comment, I was thinking of marble when seeing your painting in the user gallery!
the stripes in the circle on the right look like wool, and everything has been put behind a pane of glass so we cannot touch - just admire :)
I like it very much :)

Alexandra
07-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Sophistication and eloquence Gary.

Jasminek
07-18-2011, 12:12 AM
This will be perfect for a fabric pattern, well done indeed.:)

gxhpainter2
07-18-2011, 02:03 AM
MSIE, Sandy, and JasmineK.... thanks all for your appreciative comments..

pat1940
07-18-2011, 02:35 AM
WOW Gary, this is exceptional, a masterpiece:):):):):);););););)

byroncallas
07-18-2011, 04:29 AM
I came back for a another visit - I like this one so much. It's such a very fine piece of work, every pixel just seems so right. I would like to see a giclee print, and then it would be interesting to see the print framed and not framed under glass to see the difference. The painted frame is an important element for this one since the shadows at its edges lend so much to the current effect. It would be challenging and fun to play with prints on both paper and canvas and different methods of displaying it but with and without glass. I'm fascinated with this piece. :)

gxhpainter2
07-18-2011, 04:48 AM
byron.. thanks so much... I am thinking that I will print it on canvas.. I use Lyve canvas from Breathing Color and then coat it with a semigloss of Glamour2 rolled on. I usually mount it on Ampersands board using archival glue applied to the back of the canvas and then gently roll it on to the board. Usually comes out really well. the trick is to get the size right I have to make it .2" larger 18.2 x 24.2 for example on my printer to wind up with the 18x24 with the outer frame so it fit perfectly on the Ampersand board....

byroncallas
07-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Wonderful Gary. It seems you have a well thought-out process for reproducing your paintings. Printing and displaying your digital paintings is hot topic that befuddles a lot of participants in the forum - something everyone wants to know about. Sketchism (Eddie), started what has become a terrific thread that many people have contributed to and many have found helpful. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21392

I suspect people will find your experience helpful if you'd like to contribute your thoughts there, if you haven't already.

I'd love to see a pic of this one after you've printed and mounted it. :):):)

Caesar
07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
It looks like You'll soon reach Bach complexities with Your fugues! Fantastic one!