PDA

View Full Version : the Devouring spirit

gxhpainter2
07-16-2011, 01:14 PM
after watching too many news shows.... the devouring spirit seems to be rampant across the land...

byroncallas
07-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Another beauty Gary - a quite literal interpretation. Very well done. :):):)

justjean
07-17-2011, 12:33 AM
An interesting action in your wonderful painting Gary, perhaps this is why I seldom watch tv :D

Belvrog
07-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Great textural feel and contrasts Gary. Wonderful palette as well.

gxhpainter2
07-18-2011, 02:16 AM
byron...thanks I am not usually so literal but in this case...glad you like the palette.:):)

justjean.... thanks for viewing and commenting....I should probably stay away from watching the news...;)

belvrog - thanks .... your comments are always appreciated.:):)

pat1940
07-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Another beauty dear Gary, nice work;);):)

L Skylar Brown
07-18-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the context! I think I agree completely.

gxhpainter2
07-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks Pat and Skylar for viewing and commenting on this work...;);):)

kenmo
07-18-2011, 02:59 PM
A very delightful image....!!!!:):):)

jibes
07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Gary. The things that go on all around us we don't want to know!:):):)

Caesar
07-18-2011, 08:19 PM
I hope You may soon compose a "take it easy" and "enjoy a qualitative life" paintings to help us gtting an antidote against the present "speed-up, waste, skim and stress" concept You depicted to effectively.

Alexandra
07-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Dear Gary, I feel the same way when I turn on the world news, and then my local station is no better. I cannot watch it every day. It would be so nice to watch something positive or good that is happening to people. Instead of stirring hatred bring in something kind and positive. There are wonderful things happening in the world, it would be great to see them.

D Akey
07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
That's fantastic GX. . . Reminds me of the encounter I had in Germany so long ago about the soul stealer from the Amazonian mythology. Oddly the lad in your picture came to me on a sidewalk at night outside my army barracks. Luminous and neon and ready to chow down on me privates. . . er. . . me soul, as I mentioned before in one of your threads.

And this is a very interesting visual approach, as if one had documented this on a primitive cave wall on the ceremonial vision questing drug called ayahuasca.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

You really did manage to capture the luminous, almost day-glo paint in black light kind of colors. And it looks like an account when words fail, a hind sighting, almost sacramental in intent. . .

At least this is sorta what I get from it.

Very cool, GX! Nice technique and evocative design like reading the warning label on a drug. :eek:

iceaxe
07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes this cuts to the chase, an interesting work

gxhpainter2
07-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Alexandra - yes I believe there is a balance in the world and that kindness and compassion are flowering as strongly as the opposite events that TV documents daily...;);)

D Akey - I really love to read your comments.... you have a special way with words and observations especially regarding my works.... you are right the symbols to the right are the warning label...:D:D;);)

iceax..my thanks for taking the time to view and comment on this..:):)

gxhpainter2
07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Kenmo, jibs thanks .... your comments are most welcome.

Caesar - yes I am definitely due for something that speaks to the joy of a "qualitative life"... I will take that and see what I can come up with..;);)