View Full Version : Green Eggs N Ham and A Scary Green Eggs N Hammy

Alexandra
07-15-2011, 10:30 PM
I do not like green eggs and ham
I do not like them Sam I am.:p

Oh, I know this is gross.....I had to try it.:rolleyes::o:p

semd74
07-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Well done Sandy, I really like the frame :):):)

Juz
07-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Haha
Great Book, great piece :)
I really love that border too

Caesar
07-16-2011, 01:23 AM
A vaguely queer and amazing image to illustrate an ahrd tongue twister challege ... You're in a most brilliantly imaginative mode here! :eek::cool::p

Alexandra
07-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Hi Steve, Thank you! The border is made with the houses stamp duplicated and using differential effect flipped horizontally.:)

Thanks so much Juz, so happy you liked it!:)

Cesare, Thank you very much kind friend, I am going to re-edit this painting though. I just had an idea...a little gruesome perhaps, but I think it will be more entertaining as sick as this sounds, but I must try it....stay tuned to ArtRage channel WEB for the continuation of The Twisted Dr S and unhealthy foods to live by.:rolleyes::p:p:p:D

Caesar
07-16-2011, 02:08 AM
... I guess some little lizard-looking evil devil chick will pop-out of one egg .... :eek::D

gxhpainter2
07-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Alexandra.... brilliant work! the image a great and the color and composition are :eek::eek::eek:... the border is amazing.. thanks for sharing its origin...:cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
07-16-2011, 04:58 AM
That would have been better Cesare, but I had already started working on the ham.:D

Thanks so much Gary, it is wonderful to have the masking tools to make these borders and invert-add and then even change effects in specific areas, isn't it? I still haven't learned how to make stamps and stickers. I printed off SOS's instructions. I need to take the time to do this, I would really love to take advantage of the possibilities of this great program.

byroncallas
07-16-2011, 05:12 AM
LOL, and terrific work. :):):)

Alexandra
07-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks so much Byron. Once during the holidays years ago the kids and I were grocery shopping. We were strolling along looking at the meat and there it was-a beautifully prepared pigs head with the works. If you can imagine, the kids were mortified, and I must have looked the same way, because the butchers were laughing when I looked up. A special order no doubt, from whom, I didn't want to know.:D

mannafig
07-16-2011, 09:31 AM
My kids love Dr Suess. Hmm come to think of it so do I Hehehe. A great piece of work my dear friend:):)

Alexandra
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks so much Amanda, we love him too. I think he was brilliant.:)

pat1940
07-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Sandy, what a great job, and how creative doing the frame, love it:);)

EB
07-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I like this one quite well

Alexandra
07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Pat and EB, Thanks so much for you kind comments. This one was a fun project.

barnburner
07-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Both are great, but I particularly like the updated one.
Fine job Sandy! :):):)

justjean
07-17-2011, 12:32 AM
:D Sandy, a wonderful imaginative painting from a most wonderful child's book

Alexandra
07-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Hi Mike, thanks, I do too. My son on the other hand said: "No, I do not like it Mom I am, I do not like your green eggs and ham.":p:)

Jean, I agree, a wonderful story indeed enjoyed by several generations already and more to come. Thanks so much for checking it out and your kind words.:)

byroncallas
07-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks so much Byron. Once during the holidays years ago the kids and I were grocery shopping. We were strolling along looking at the meat and there it was-a beautifully prepared pigs head with the works. If you can imagine, the kids were mortified, and I must have looked the same way, because the butchers were laughing when I looked up. A special order no doubt, from whom, I didn't want to know.:D

Yes, a good LOL. And interesting too. In many parts of the world a dressed pigs head in the meat counter is common fare. What is really fun is to be sitting down for dinner and have one sitting on a platter in the center of the table, cooked and staring out at you it all its succulent glory. Truthfully, it's really yummy. :)

Alexandra
07-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Oh my gosh Byron, I knew as soon as I typed this how demure and uncultured that I must have sounded.:eek: I will elaborate in PM.:o

byroncallas
07-17-2011, 05:40 AM
Oh my gosh Byron, I knew as soon as I typed this how demure and uncultured that I must have sounded.:eek: I will elaborate in PM.:o

More LOL. :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
07-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks Byron!:D:D:D:D:D

Belvrog
07-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Great piece Sandy.:D:D Very well done and so funny. :)

Alexandra
07-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks so much dear Belvrog!

D Akey
07-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Demented, Alexandra :eek:, and so well done, in an overtly easy sort of way. . . It smacks of a creative triumph. . .

So the next logical step in the success dance, when you're looking for a reader for your illustrated version of the book -- a play along reader perhaps . . . I'm submitting this audition tape for your consideration. He can deliver good demographics = $ales!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPxPciXcJvc&NR=1

No? How about this audition for a more rhythmic delivery of the hammy? (Go to 8:15 on the counter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0IE...1&feature=fvwp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0IEJZ-H6A&NR=1&feature=fvwp)

iceaxe
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
The first view was so awesome that I never even noticed the border. sizzling lighting I must add...

Jono
07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi Sandy, I’ve just had to Google all this green eggs n ham business. The Seussville website is great fun :D. Apparently the book is also remarkable as it only uses 50 different words. Must be my age, but I never got to read them myself or to my son when he was a nipper.

Really like the airbrush work (Roger Dean’ish!) - the eggs almost glow off the canvas. I’d be careful though, judging by their elongate shape, I think they might be velociraptor eggs :eek: :D

Alexandra
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Oh D Akey I have tears coming from my eyes. Thank you. I loved that episode with Jesse Jackson-a classic, he was simply fantastic! and the Three Stooges...:eek::D:D:D! Oh my gosh! Thanks dear friend. I had just popped in to visit and you've made my evening!:D:D:D:D:D:D What a laugh, thanks!:D

Thanks so much Ice. I was so ticked with myself, when I made the second one, I saved over the first one. I can remake this border though and I am so pleased you liked it. Thanks so much for your kind comment!
I also wanted to add that I like your signature, I feel the same way...I have other art programs, but would dearly miss AR!