PDA

View Full Version : Metamorphosis

Caesar
07-14-2011, 12:46 AM
I told to myself that it was quite a long time I didn't try an abstract.
The new version of ArtRage and a specific curiosity gave me further impulse for having both fun and an unbridled creativity experience.
Anyway many great artists in here work with very brilliant outcomes to them, either exclusively or frequently, so I had to win a little initial shame.
I finally decided to post this in two framed versions (which one do You like better?). I hope You may like this new departure of mine ...

pat1940
07-14-2011, 01:21 AM
Caesar, I absolutely love to see you do this, it is really good, I like both of them but I seem to see a more deeper color in the first, but that may be do to the upload, I do like it framed also, great job;););):):):)

gxhpainter2
07-14-2011, 02:12 AM
dear Caesar - Bravo!!!... i congratulate you on your abstracts and overcoming the fear of sharing something so personal and foreign at the same time departures from your usual works. that is always a bit intimidating:cool::cool:;);)

.... I love the faceted background and colors... and the foreground shapes are interesting shapes like Nautilus shells.... side by side I like the upper version which is a bit more saturated but each taken separately are fine works... I hope this "unbridled creative" flow continues it will put you on a wide ocean

semd74
07-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Great use of colors in this one. Applause !!!

Peter Pinckney
07-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Splendido Caesare!!

Do more please!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :)

kenmo
07-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Very cool work....

Caesar
07-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! I agree with You and I also excluded other colored grey frames after some tests.

Dear Gary, glad to year from an abstract master!. My free paintings don't have any deep rational or cultural conscious reference or idea at first and are made easy by ArtRage tools that may always offer You some sort of happy accident, or rather occurrence, upon testing some features for a purpose quite different from the one it was intented too. This usually is a start for a sort of interactive play with the software which gives You some visual hint to let You develop an idea around it, then provides You, by testing in a narrower direction another outcome and You finally take the lead and drive the composition to some sort of acceptable end. This is at least the way I tend to proceed. This means that there's much of personal essence in these paintings, but mostly of the unconscious and perceptive part of my mind I guess. I don't know if they may have any artistic value, but I still like many of my bunch of abstract as stimulating visions. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Semd74! I tried to keep colors from dazzling and clashing anyway, but I still cannot refrain from a rich enough palette. Maybe it's my sunny and colorful country's views fault.

Dear Pete, I'm so pleased and honoured by Your approval, since You're a real and absolute master of experimental abstracts and You produced an encyclopedia of fabulous stunners also in that genre. Thank You very much maestro!

Dear Kenmo, although I don't have enough skill with softwares dealing with effects and 3D, I always like when I can get on ArtRage some sort of composition the eye perceives volumes and perspectives even on abstract and unreal entities which become, to some extent, likely. Thank You!

eighty+
07-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Hail O. Caesar. Master MIT. Oners. :eek: :D

Alexandra
07-15-2011, 12:14 AM
All right Cesare! So much to be imagined here with this fine abstract!:):):):):)

Caesar
07-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Thank You, dear ATPlus! I'm still looking for a dictionary to fully understand Your comments ... :D

My sudden impression was a snake skin left after the change, dear Sandra, the background a sort Fontana like style. Thank You.

byroncallas
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Caesar, wonderful. When I first started doing abstracts I was a little intimidated about showing people - the responses were sometimes less than flattering in an unpleasant sort of way. But then I just said "screw it" and started to just let it fly in somewhat the way I feel you do with all of your many experimental exercises in so many different styles, one of the things I admire about you. Now I don't even think about it, I just have fun creating. Once I stopped worrying it seems people have become kinder in their responses. It's weird how that works.

It's fun seeing you jump in on the abstract side in your characteristic bold way. The exercise here is certainly a fun and interesting one. It isn't that I like either one of the two better so much as I notice what happens visually between the light boarder vs. the dark border. The dark border seems to force me visually to stay focused on the center of the painting and somehow keep me from exploring the rest of the painting. The lighter border allows my eye to wander away from the center and explore other elements, however subtle, in other areas of the painting, and even wander off the edge stumbling back into the world and then come back into the painting again through some other point. That's just me and certainly other people may have a different experience in how they are guided to navigate the painting.

I note this because it's an intentional element for me in creating abstract paintings - an attempt to take people on a visual journey within a contained space. The successful pieces for me result in a viewer sticking around and having an enjoyable process of finding little discoveries in their journey. With that principle in mind, I think the piece with the lighter border, then, is a little more successful. But you could have a different intent, for example to hold a viewer riveted to an area for whatever reason. Or simply no intent at all, its just whatever people get, and you are happy with it.

There's a billion ways to look at abstract art so who is to say what are the real rules? But like I think you do with much of your wonderfully experimental representational work, you often have intents, things you're trying to accomplish, and you stand back a bit at the end and make evaluations about whether or not you succeeded, and then move on. In this respect abstract art opens a lot of interesting doors for experimentation, the kind that I think suits you naturally in your penchant to explore all the nooks and crannies of your creative and expressive self.

Having said all that, in the simplest expression, I simply like your effort and enjoy seeing the subtle change in my experience when viewing the two alternatives you've presented.

Bravo Caesar,

Byron

justjean
07-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Caesar, great textures, shapes and colours :):)

Caesar
07-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Dear Byron, I appreciated very much Your insightful and encouraging comment as well as some wise advices and reminders that are the usual fundamentals of visual pieces. I like abstract the same way I like watercolors, not because they're the most natural categories to me, but because they're often more interactive and surprising along the process, especially for not liking excessively complex procedures and planning when painting and drawing and use of much patience and almost pedantic accuracy, thus having less fun in a word.
Anyway, in both these somehow antithetic-to-my-nature fields I tend, as far as I can simply enough, to re-create some of the real world perceptive clues like volumes, tones, textures, lighting etc., thus generally a little more structure than the flat shapes and colors compositions and explorations of so many great abstract masters, just because I feel could have never been an abstract master in its purest and most speculative essence.
Thank You very much!

Glad You noticed and liked them, dear Jean, because they're what I aimed to for having any observer start his/ her personal mental trip from this image. Thank You!

Belvrog
07-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Gorgeous abstract. Love it's palette and bright feel.

Caesar
07-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Thank You, dear Belvrog. Actually, shoul You like abstracts, there was another one entitled Bios I made in the last days to have some fun ...;)