PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a friend's daughter

Caesar
07-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I proceeded with pencil on one layer (and a background fuzzy layer).
Started from a color picture as a reference without tracing or tonal pick and check.
Hope You like this drawing style too.

Strandy
07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Very subtle drawing. And the choice of technique rounds that significantly up!

semd74
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
An amazing pencil drawing :-)

Alexandra
07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I bet she loves it Cesare, you've captured her charm and so much personality.

EB
07-12-2011, 11:24 PM
You did capture a glimpse of her personality quite well

pat1940
07-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Fantastic portrait Caesar, I look at her and see her personality that you captured, lovely girl:):););)

limey-g
07-13-2011, 12:55 AM
A lovely portrait Caesar, you have such talent in bringing out such character in the faces that you draw.
Geoff

Caesar
07-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Thank You for Your much kind compliment, dear Strandy!

I love the pencil and AR simulation of this tool, dear Semd74! Thank You!

I hope so, but I still have to discover, dear Sandra, since I just forwarded it to her father. Thank You!

I guess I did, dear EB, otherwise I would have gone on trying before releasing this drawing ... thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat. She's apparently a little bashful, but a very kind and enthusiastic person and I'm so often grateful to her father always taking care of any problems of any kind our cars may have ... He also takes me to vintage cars meeting I like very much.

I must say that human faces are always an interesting universe to explore, dear Limey-g. Thank You!

AT-TA
07-13-2011, 02:11 AM
She is a cutie. Beautiful drawing, done with joy and enthusiasm. I like this work a lot, Caesar.:)

byroncallas
07-13-2011, 02:23 AM
More great work for you Caesar. You remain all over the map, and great in whichever town you show up. :):)

gxhpainter2
07-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Caesar - fantastic portrait... your work with the black and white of graphite show excellence in this classic style.... but I have to laugh and agree with byron's comment... you are great where ever you popup on the artistic map..:eek::D:D:D

netta
07-13-2011, 04:41 AM
BEAUTIFUL! what pencils presets do u use ? I don't have many.

jibes
07-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Caesar. So well done and a great project to do!

Juz
07-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Fantastic Dear Ceasar
Love her direct, engaging and beautiful face.. hope your friend and their daughter loved it too :):)

screenpainter
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
beautifully done. masterful portrait. excellent.

hinket
07-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Caesar, I am really in awe of your ability in drawing these marvellous portraits. Superb!

cartuneman
07-13-2011, 04:50 PM
wow really nice

EB
07-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Alexandra : I bet she loves it Cesare, you've captured her charm and so much personality.

EB : You did capture a glimpse of her personality quite well

Caesar : I guess I did, dear EB, otherwise I would have gone on trying before releasing this drawing ... thank You!

Caesar my friend, I responded in agreement with Alexandra having just read her post. If I've somehow offended you in the past of present I apologize.

Caesar
07-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank You, dear Anna! Actually I did thinking to the all the doubts and expectations concerning their image any teen-ager has, at least all of us had in the past ...

... and in several cases I unexpectedly pop up in remote places of the map with mad paintings, zones where disquieting and crazy environments surrounds the ordered and neat city, dear Byron. ;) :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Ghxpainter! You may share my reply to Byron and, actually, painting as a playtime and fun takes me along many diverging paths running behind sudden ideas like butterflies and far from any hope to become an artist and possibly carve out a market ...:p

Dear Netta, I substantially use the standard pencil pre-set preset and AutoSmoothMe (mainly for outlines) and Hard Shader (for tonal filling), changing pressure and size (and less smoothing) as appropriate in some cases. to these I added a customer preset (Pressure 64%, Softness 28%, Tilt Angle 82%, Size 58%) for outlines with some tonal gradient or thicker but not very neat traits. I tend to keep the settings and the selected tonal darkness in the preliminary phases, then I start adjusting them for improving the final phases, adding darker shadows and highlights, once everything seems to have been captured in its essence. You may obviously combine the drawing with crayon and or felt pen on a different layer as You may feel appropriate or outline and give accent to dark spots with the ink pen. Hope I was clear enough. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Jibes! I hope I'll get satisfactory results also changing tools and style for my friend's two kids.

Thank You, dear Juz! That's just a starter for them. I hope there will be some of my forthcoming experiments thereabout they will appreciate even more ...

Dear Albert, I'm glad to see You back and what enthusiastic compliments! :o

Dear Hinket, You're too kind. Actually I'm surprised I can make honest portraits without following a precise technique and procedure and to make recourse to the tools AR offers for accuracy and precision. :D Thank You!

Glad you like it, dear Cartuneman! Thank You!

Dear EB, not at all, never. It was just my communication fault. I was stupid enough not to consider a little cultural gap and a missing info, which could have provided a somehow different sense to my answer to You, which was intended to be a pleased one instead.
I was just implying what actually happened with this drawing. Since a portrait is a portrait, i.e. showing that specific guy and not just an enjoyable artpiece vaguely reminding someone, I made some adjustment to the quick "alla prima" version to get a better likeness and expression. I therefore didn't deem it finished and showed to my friend and here before I was pretty sure of the likeness and that it didn't seem like a picture pedantic but boring photocopy. As soon as I got that glimpse You very kindly told me You perceived, I showed and posted it.