PDA

View Full Version : July

cartuneman
07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi all Here is a painting i painted a couple years ago. I think I even posted it here once. I couldn't find it though when I searched for it. I must have deleted it. there was a time there that I deleted all my work for one stupid reason or another. Any way the Title to this painting is "The end of July" So I thought I would re post this and say Hello to all my old friends And howdy to maybe a bunch of new ones. I've been lurking the past few days looking at every ones work. WOW I have missed a bunch and Great and fantastic work everyone! I hope to be posting more soon!

John
Cartuneman

L Skylar Brown
07-12-2011, 03:23 PM
An absolutely lovely piece. I'd like to see more!

gxhpainter2
07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
cartuneman.... really a nice painting... I love the sentiment portrayed so expertly.... hope you rejoin and we see more of your beautiful works.

semd74
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Very good painting and very detailed...

shechat
07-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Cartuneman, so pleased to see you back. I remember this one, it's beautiful. I hope you continue to post your excellent paintings.

Strandy
07-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, very impressive :) Summer heat and silence ...one could almost hear butterfly flying...

Peter Pinckney
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi John and welcome back............I vaguely remember this too.............the detail in the dress is simply superb!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):)

Saphire
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Beautiful work.:)

Alexandra
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Welcome back John, and great to see your beautiful work again.

EB
07-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Delightful

pat1940
07-13-2011, 12:23 AM
So glad you posted this, it is beautiful, please post more:):););)

limey-g
07-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Absolutely gorgeous, you have captured summer so well.
Geoff

Caesar
07-13-2011, 01:33 AM
I don't remember to have seen this as yet and I'm sure i would remind of such an impressionistic marvel!

byroncallas
07-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Hey, great to see you back. I've been away a bit myself and it's great getting caught back up. You sure dug up a great painting from the past to get back in the loop. Terrific work. I've a particular fondness for that hat. I hope we'll see you around more often. You bring good vibes to this place, and great art. :):):)

netta
07-13-2011, 04:49 AM
This is a beautiful painting. I love the composition.

Juz
07-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Fantastic to see you back Cartuneman :):eek::D

I do remember this one from way back when but only because it is just so fabulous and definitely worthy of an encore :D:)

cartuneman
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks to everyone for the Warm welcome back. Also thanks to the ones that remembered The painting . Wow Looking back I almost re-posted My fave, Leonardo. I'm going to post one of my Favorite dragons. I can't remember if I ever posted it here before. If I did Sorry :(

I'm finally getting around to painting my Lizard Strider as well. It will be cool. A friend of mine is sculpting this for me. I have created another character to go with him. His name is "Once" I'll post him later.

kenmo
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Breathtaking....both of them!!!!!!! :):):):)

Chuckart
07-14-2011, 03:50 PM
cartuneman, are the clouds painted or a photo in dragon image??

Look forward to seeing the final version of the Lizard Strider as the work i've seen so far suggests it's going to be a :cool: image.

cartuneman
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks Chuckart, The clouds are painted over from a photo and then photoshopped to create the fiery sunset look. the dragon was all drawn and painted in Art Rage and then added and high lighted to reflect the light. thanks for asking! and thank you for liking my lizard strider.

Thank you kenmo

Here is a pic of the dragon before I reworked it:

Chuckart
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the reply cartuneman. I'll have to give that technique a try as it makes great looking clouds.