PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Romeo Giulia Tubolare Zagato

felixdk
07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
A car that I have been lusting after for almost 50 years :o. Finished it up in version 3.5 and the multi-core support is an excellent addition.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/felixdk/Easy-TZ_071111.jpg

This particular car finished 15th in the 1964 LeMans 24 hrs.

gxhpainter2
07-12-2011, 12:00 PM
beautiful machine... great painting..... extremely detailed

semd74
07-12-2011, 12:27 PM
WOW...fantastic painting...I'd like to have one of those myself !!!

EB
07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
I think you did this quite well indeed.

Alexandra
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh love this! Excellent.

byroncallas
07-13-2011, 02:52 AM
That baby is hot, and terrific painting.

L Skylar Brown
07-13-2011, 03:32 AM
This is Great. When I lived in Italy (Florence, '70's), I had the sweetest little Alpha convertible -ah, memories.

Caesar
07-13-2011, 03:45 AM
I'm sorry, but I can only see that type of attachment at home, this evening most likely. Reminding of the initial WIPs I'm sure it's sheer beauty!

kenmo
07-13-2011, 03:54 AM
wow....exceptional work....:):):):)

Caesar
07-13-2011, 08:40 AM
It's practically perfect! You got an unbelievable accuracy and 3D simulation! I'm speechless. :eek::cool::):):):):):)
Here's a link maybe You already know on this car ...
http://www.google.it/search?q=alfa+romeo+tz3&hl=it&biw=1003&bih=594&gbv=2&tbm=isch&ei=Vb0WTtfbBIWRswb8l9zdDw&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20

I would also add some vintage "spiders" pictures, as we used to call them, I took in a couple of local vintage cars meetings (among too many more "beauties"). I'm sure You would recognize at least the Alfas ...

Juz
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Awesome rendering, the reflections on the car are just wonderful :):)

felixdk
07-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for the very welcome coments. They mean a lot to me and fortify my belief that there will always be a place for very detailed work, especially where it pertains to the mechanical toys that mankind loves. In a way, painting these old cars is something like going to a gallery and painting a copy of one of the Masters' works; you're interpreting a piece of art that someone else created. That's one of the reasons that I love going to vintage races; it's like a functional sculpture gallery (the sounds and smells are neat, too:cool:).

Caesar, I love the old Giulia and Giulietta Spiders. The FIAt is nice too. My first Italian car was an 850 Spider, but it rusted to pieces. What's the little red one, an NSU or another FIAT model? The TZs are all beautiful and I think the grill on the original TZ1 is probably the most elegantly simple expression of the traditional Alfa Romeo grill treatment ever.

Caesar
07-14-2011, 06:20 AM
The tiny one was an Autobianchi Bianchina in the same class than the FIAT 500 in the 50ies and 60ies.
Generally it was not a spider and was mostly white. Believe me or not, there was also a station wagon version of it (we then called station wagon with the term "familiare"). Like the 500 it was air-cooled if I'm not wrong, so the engines were absolutely reliable and easy to repair or modify in any home workshop.

felixdk
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
My 850 Spider had a 903cc engine. When I first got it (used) i wanted to do a good tune up on the engine. Everything went smoothly until I changed the oil and filter. With no owner's manual to go by, I couldn't find the oil filter! I finally asked a friend of mine that raced a FIAT-Abarth and he told me that it had a centrifugal oil filter built into the pully on the end of the crankshaft. You took the pully off of the crank and separated the 2 halves. You then had to scrape out all the sludge and grunge, bolt it back together and bolt it back on the crank. Seemed to work OK. After picking up a manual, I learned the Italian words for colors while puzzling out the wiring diagram :).

kenmo
07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Love those Alfas!!!!!

Caesar
07-14-2011, 09:18 PM
You talk of (and owned) cars I saw with admiration as a boy, dear Felix.
Your passion must have been great to overcome manual and language problems to discover the pecuiliar and mostly cheap solutions used on Italian cars from the beginning of the post war economical boom.
Anyway i think that with Japanese You would have had an harder time for reading and learning ...:D
I looked to some nice 850 spider and here's one of those pictures. I don't know the color of the one You wned, but tThis time I selected a cerulean blue one instead than the usual red ...;)

felixdk
07-15-2011, 06:34 AM
That's the beast, mine was that lime green that you only ever saw in the 70's. The language problems were eased by 4 years of Latin in high school - Qou usque tandem abutere Catalina, patientia nostra...etc. :).

Caesar
07-15-2011, 07:15 PM
"... until when, Catilina, will You abuse of our patience ..." :eek: OMG, a Latinist too in addition to being an Italian cars collector! You deserve to get "ad honorem laurea " in Italian "mores" ...:D