PDA

View Full Version : Classical Drawing Style

Caesar
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
I resumed and completed this WIP I made as a test of effectiveness of AR for drawing with any style.
As usual I didn't use a huge sheet size, neither I looked for any specific details, traced or picked color from the reference picture.
The result is pretty nice I think.
The uncensored version is on the After 9 section ...:D

Alexandra
07-05-2011, 10:41 PM
What beautiful work Cesare. Tender, expressive, and very thoughtfully done. What an artist you are.:):):):):)

Caesar
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra!
Actually I just used a wonderful drawing I saw on the net as a reference, so my ability was just to reproduce it with Artrage tools (except for the referenceless made chaste coverage, which is just a stencil I moved here and there while changing airbrush color to give a soft and 3-D look rather than a dark spot).

barnburner
07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Amazing work Caesar.. :):)

coops
07-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Very classic image Cesare:)

Caesar
07-06-2011, 02:59 AM
I like more and more drawing with Artrage, dear Barn and Katie. I think pencils and crayons are such promising tools ... Thank You!

kenmo
07-06-2011, 03:16 AM
I like this very much... Awesome work as always...:):):)

gxhpainter2
07-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Caesar - beautiful classic life drawing... looks just like a charcoal with white on a nice muted gray tone Canson paper.... very nice drawing it shows the talent of the artist ...:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:;)

AT-TA
07-06-2011, 03:40 AM
I do not know what to say: masterful and very alive and spirited. I love your drawings, Caesar.

Suha
07-06-2011, 03:47 AM
This work is pretty I loved it ,,,Excellent lighting on the shoulder ;)Painting is very calm and gentle

Caesar
07-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Thank You, dear Kenmo. I also tried to use a free 3- program like Blender in the past, to create a scene and its lighting to help defining compositios, but getting skilled is not that fast and the program quite complex to use naturally and fluently, so I came back to my manual and mental possibilities.

Dear Ghxpainter, actually I tried to recreate the elegance of a real classical drawing also because I first bought Artrage due to its possibility to simulate real artistical tools also in the natural way You use it with a tablet. It's a further confirmation that AR is great! Thank You!

Thank you, dear Anna! You're too kind, since I used a wonderful reference for this excercise.

I just conveyed what was already perceived by the artist in the reference drawing I reproduced my way, dear Suha. Thank You!

justjean
07-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Caesar, a wonderful drawing indeed with great shading of the body :)

Caesar
07-07-2011, 06:46 PM
That was the core of my attempt and I would say Artrage pencil and crayon have quite realistic effects and use, dear Jean,especially on an appropriate background sheet. Thank You!

mannafig
07-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Another fine piece of work dear Cesare your figures are always to beautifully done.:):) Oh yes I love the puff ball:D:D:p

Valerie
07-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Fabulous work Caesar,.
Val

TOM!
07-08-2011, 05:05 AM
A beautiful drawing. It's an outstanding work.

Caesar
07-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Thank you, dear Amanda. I'm glad the censorizing addition looks like a puff ball. I was afraid it may rather seem a sea urchin! :D

I definitely love drawing, dear Valerie. Thank You!

You're too kind, dear Tom! Learning from masters is one of the best way to improve quickly both technical skills and artistic sensitivity. Thank You!