PDA

View Full Version : Grotesque licence

Caesar
07-01-2011, 03:23 AM
When ladies started to drive, many decades ago and for a long time when they were still a limited minority driving, we used to say here: ".. women at the steering wheel, constant danger ...", also with a rhyme in Italian, but, if You know what I'm referring to, in some places they took far too seriously that sentence ...

As a further explanation I would add that, this year, the 17th of June saw the protest of Saudi Arabian ladies who are practically not allowed to drive and may use car only with a male relative or take a taxi, but are prevented to drive alone. They decided that anyone having a driving licence, mostly taken somewhere else I guess, should drive alone in that day and take a cell-camera shot to share on-line as a form of protest aimed at acquire a little right that should be just consequent of their being human and intelligent as anyone else anywhere else.

gxhpainter2
07-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Cesare - this is funny but so well executed!... love the background and skyscrapers. and the car... they are getting better and better... :):):);););)

jibes
07-01-2011, 04:48 AM
You are getting better and better at drawing cars! If your not careful you will be known as a car designer. Not a bad thing! :):)
very well done Caesar!!

AT-TA
07-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Oh my, what the dynamics here...hahahaha... love it Caesar... good atmoshpere of that hot italien sun. I never had problems with police, i must say, i have quite opposite experiences .... one must make direct eye contact first....hahahaha....Very good Caesar.:D

Alexandra
07-01-2011, 04:55 AM
Haha Cesare, I sure could share some funny stories. Great work there. I wish I could draw cars.

shechat
07-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Made me chuckle Caesar, very well done

mannafig
07-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Hilarious Cesare.:):)

coops
07-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Oh how I would have liked to have done that Cesare when I got stopped for speeding (only just over the speed limit I might add) a few years ago but I resisted the urge and just took the ticket. A fine and witty painting once again:)

semd74
07-01-2011, 05:28 AM
Fantastic painting Caesar...your cars are getting much better...well done my friend !!!

pat1940
07-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Better and better you are getting Caesar, love to view your wonderful illustrations, well done;);););):):):):)

Belvrog
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Love your car centric series Caesar, so much fun.....:) Very well done mate.

Strandy
07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Hey Caesar, You seem unstoppable :D ...Just like the lady at the steering wheel in your painting...
Very cool series :cool:

Caesar
07-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Dear Ghxpainter, actually I cared a little of the car in this vignette, while the rest was set up pretty fast. I just wanted to quickly make a vignette out of the event I now explained above the illustration. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Jibes! There's not that risk, not while our dear master and mate PinkPanther is active!:p Thank You!

Dear Anna, actually this is not Italy, but a quite hotter place, as added in the explanation above, with many grouped skyscrapers (which are numerously present in any of our town skylines). I understand You used some sort of body language or charming apporach not to be fined by policemen :p Thank You!

Dear Sandra, anytime You said in the past I wish I could draw this and this other, we discovered soon You could, and pretty well. So let's give it I try if you wish. I'm sure we'll enjoy. thank You!

This sort of Pinocchio lady mocking the policeman may be quite funny, especially considering, as a contrast, her Saudian attire ... Thank You, dear Shechat!

Thank you, dear Amanda! She took that satisfaction once in her life at least!

Who could ever have fined a gentle, charming, smiling lady like You, dear Katie! :eek: Some envious policewoman I guess. :rolleyes::p Thank You!

Actually I should have rather drawn half of it at start and duplicated and reversed it to have to perfectly symmetrical halves, but I didn't, dear Semd74. Anyway, thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat! I hoped you've got the sun cream with all that sun on the vignette! :p

I hope my automotive imagination and inspiration will not car-rot then, dear Belvrog. :D Thank you!

Thank you, dear Strandy! My bigger illustrative regret this far though is not to have painted this far a character as fantastic as Your avatar! ;):p
Just kidding, but I do like it immensely!

Alexandra
07-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Dearest Cesare, Since I have been here on this forum my first forum, I have seen your talent, and kind spirit. I would be a liar if I didn't say I was so flattered by your complimentary drawings!
So funny it was that in the beginning I was a bit embarrassed and unused to any attention at all! But soon realized how generous and appreciated it so. I can only imagine a drawing of me in a car by you-and if you wish I shall share a story-but don't know if it would make a good drawing.
A 6'8" smokey as we call them here in the south, tall thin shaved head and large hat-black mirrored glasses-me in my mothers beautiful car, (a chrysler cordoba I think it was burgandy) flying down the highway rocking out with her fine sterio system on the way to a job, and pulled over. I was young, terrified, and teared up-he took pity and gave me a warning! hee hee.

barnburner
07-02-2011, 03:32 AM
when I got stopped for speeding (only just over the speed limit I might add)

:D Katie, you remind me of my wife when she got her speeding ticket this spring... According to her, she was "only just a little over" (12 mph over).
:D:D:):) LOL....

barnburner
07-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Really fine job on this Caesar! :):):)

Caesar
07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank You, dear BB!!