PDA

View Full Version : Do Merit whenever Possible

Jasminek
06-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Dear ArtRage Friends,

As some of you know that my old lap top had virus that took out icons and many files such as .stk files!

Bought a new one Windows 7, some of the software do not work, I have been learning French and Spanish and the software for text to voice do not work. Fortunately the vocie owners gave them for free for windows 7, thanks for some kindness.

I lost most of STK files and have no time to look for them in ArtRage yet.

My new computer has only what I need to have right now so here goes my first painting of the new lap top.

Water colr is used with felt pen. Used own reference with imagination. I tried to depict the Buddhism philosophy of share. Sharing is a philosophy that encourages the givers to share no matter how lilltle it is.

Hubby and traveled to a very small and poor village in Asia The villagers were willing to share with us water and the little food they had. There is a temple with one single monk who helps the local boys by traveling in a little bus for 2 hours one way to a bigger town in order to collerct morning alms to bring back to feed the boys before the morning school. However, the villagers make sure that the monk have food when he can't go to town. It touches our hearts.:)

As usual, any comments and advice is appreciated.

semd74
06-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Very nice...I like the soft colors of this painting

gxhpainter2
06-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Jasmine - so sorry about your laptop misadventures....hope you can recover some of your image files..... lovely story and gives us hope that kindness and humility still exist and flourish....;);););):):):):)... nice painting on the scene..

pat1940
06-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Jasmine, thanks for your wonderful painting and the story that goes with it, sad as it is, it shows the kindness of the people, which so many could take a lesson from.....good to see you back and hope you make out well with your new laptop, I have windows 7 premium and love it, anyway a beautiful, soft painting;););):):):)

Alexandra
06-30-2011, 03:18 AM
So happy to see that you are back dear Jasmine. Again, your beautiful painting reminds me of the years I was in the Philippines. I feel so blessed to have been there and to have known some of the people whom were so generous and loving just as you have described the villagers there.

mannafig
06-30-2011, 03:33 AM
A lovely painting and very touching:):)

ScottF
06-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Glad to see you´re up and painting again! It´s a real pain to reconfigure a new computer.

AT-TA
06-30-2011, 09:44 AM
Jasmine, so glad, to see you back and painting again. It is so much fun to paint just from what we have seen of what our mind loves to paint. Very pretty, soft painting, i like it a lot.

jibes
06-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Jasmine. This looks like a very pleasant place you have so nicely painted here!

shechat
06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Glad your back Jasmine and with a new computer up and running. Nice soft painting with a sad story, though the kindnes of these poor people makes it an uplifting one also.

Jasminek
07-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks so much to all of you.

The new computer still is not function normally yet. I am learning French (ok but must keep it or lose it) and Spanish so I have the software that records sound that does not function because Dell took away "Stereo Mix" in Windows 7 due to some agreement with Music industry and many files such as .stk are gone. Show up in my old one with XP ok but cannot copy.

Your kindness is appreciated.:)

Caesar
07-01-2011, 01:15 AM
A bright illustration of a moving, exemplary story. Welcome back from Your previous computer disease and decease!

Jasminek
07-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks so much Caesar, very kind of you.:)

Caesar
07-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Dear Jasmine, I read Thailand had new elections and the democratic practise is back again over there while military supported government is peacefully stepping back. Best wishes to Your country!
I hope Egypt too will soon get rid of a choking military assisted situation which tend to favor certain long lasting interests and networks as it was often the case in South America ...

Jasminek
07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Sweet Caesar,

Voting does not mean "democracy" in this case. 90% of the vote is bought and this is very typical for the family of Taksin who was kicked out a few years back. Taksin money is buying to put his sister as a PM in order to change laws to fit their needs, it is in history that during Taksin time, so many laws were changed to make the Taksin's family richer, extremely richer.

Ones must read further than what is written and sometimes the info. is hard to find for money can buy just about anything. A few Western news people get paid just to write certain news in certain ways.:eek:

Hate to get into politics in this site but it seems Thailand has struggled for the name of democracy for the past 60 something years. A country cannot be democratic if ones can bribe to get votes. You have to see some Thais who love the election for that means the extra income is coming.!!!:eek: I shed tears so many times on this issue and some people told me that I never know the poverty that is why I don't understand about selling votes, how wrong they are!!!

Cheers!

Caesar
07-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Oww, this is a pity then, dear Jasmine! What You point out is actually a general problem which is affecting most of the world, even the truly democratic countries, including the oldest among them.
Middle class progressively disappear and few people get richer increasing strategic divides across the generations, caring only for themselves, without any solidarity. Italy or UK or US are not immune at all ... on the contrary, and the depression too was the fault of the increasing stupidity of our more and more financially engaged and speculating real rulers.
However I heard that there's a far deeper division in Your country between the poor rural people and urban people, the former to have opportunities to escape misery and the other ones to either get very rich or keep their privileges. Moreover You told us that there are many enthnics. Maybe it's not that simple though.
Anyway, in such a case, the choice, from what I hear, woul either to be ruled by some greedy billionaires networks or by a sort of military and somehow ancient regime that, I presume, would hold the present system and the monarchy to control the changes preserving their roles.
Hardly a winning choice anyway I'm afraid .... :(