PDA

View Full Version : The Hyperbole Bug

MSIE
06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
well, originally this painting was called just "Creature" (a doodle done exclusively with Misterpaint's new sticker spray set, which you can find here (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35583)).
I've changed the title to "Hyperbole Bug" because of gxhpainter talking about that bug in another thread :cool:

so here it is, a BIG THANK YOU to Misterpaint for all those awesome things he is sharing with all of us! :) :)

I hope you like it - comments and critics are welcome as always! :)
please click to enlarge ...

gxhpainter2
06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
MSIE - a fantastic hyperbole bug...... it has such a lacy , filigree effect on the edges.... the the colors are great ... super experiment..:eek::eek::eek:..:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
06-23-2011, 11:45 PM
This is a stunning pure energy-made bug! The only way to terminate it is possibly some sort of electro-magnetic field ... or just cause it a short-circuit ....:D Fantastic effect! Is is too out of the rabbit hole?

Belvrog
06-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Very cool !!:)

MSIE
06-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm glad you like this, gxhpainter, Caesar, and Belvrog - thanks for looking and commenting :)

@ Caesar ~ uhm I must admit I'm not familiar with Peter's Rabbit Hole technique :( although I've read about it somewhere ...
when doodling I just "do something" (say, duplicating layers, playing with blend modes, adjusting settings of each and every tool I use etc) ... but cannot remember the single steps :rolleyes:

this time I duplicated and flipped the canvas, then merged the layers at some time if I remember right ... sorry, not a special techique I'm afraid .. lol :confused::p

jibes
06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
It's a good thing we can't actually see some of the things that crawl on us! :):)

mannafig
06-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Ewe looks to me a bit like a tick Super painting:):)

MSIE
06-25-2011, 08:33 AM
jibes ~ I actually love the look of all those tiny little creatures (bacillus, virus, germs, amoeba and however they are called - I'm not a biologist :D) ... but yeah it's better to NOT think about the fact that they are living on our skin :confused:;)

mannafig ~ you nailed it! now that I looked up "tick" it's exactly what I was thinking when looking at the "finished" doodle .. it's called Holzbock or Zecke in german, although I like the english word more! :)

glad you like it, thanks for commenting! :)