PDA

View Full Version : Auto-rapid sketching+rendering

pinkpanther
06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
hi everyone

As some of you requested to make a tutorial for car sketching here we go..there are many tutorials and great artists out there.use this one just to understand basic process behind..

1.making way to your imagination on the paper is main objective of the doodles..there is no rule..just keep doodling until you find one of your choice.proportions and basic perspective these are the things we are looking for this stage....

2.doodle for overlay sketching..finding out right curves and little detailing if you like..

3.Blocking out the shadows ..depending upon your light source and observers posithion.

4.little material finish and colors if you like to mimic..otherwise its fine if you are not looking for certain realistic qualities..

5.adding highlights to curves and surfaces helps to enhance the feeling of depth and looks convincing to lighting's we have selected..

sketching done..next is rendering

pinkpanther
06-22-2011, 09:34 PM
1.added base color to the background layer to fill the environment.basic studio lighting setup..generally diffuse light box at top can help you in this..if you are familiar with studio lighting to can really play with this.thing..

2.at this stage i have cropped the image and tilted it.composed it the way i want it..added color (multiply or suitable) to enhance the lighting.

3.this is a quick stage..you can wrap it up in single layer if you want to..colors in following manner
*surcace lighting+highlights..same as sketching
*taillight-details+colors+glow
*red glow on the ground..

sorry if i missed something..i am not good at documenting stuff..:)

Caesar
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
This is a real gift for noob like me willing to learn ... thank You and ... what a new marvel You developped as an example!

pinkpanther
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
This is a real gift for noob like me willing to learn ... thank You and ... what a new marvel You developped as an example!

thanks caesar,...i am glad you liked it...as i already said you can have look at some you tube videos for inspiration.. speed painting stuff,..real fun to watch..

kenmo
08-10-2011, 03:16 AM
Super tutorial....love anything automotive....:):):):)