PDA

View Full Version : A dwarf sketch by airbrush

Caesar
06-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Here it is ...
Imaginar, one layer on one of my background sheets.

Alexandra
06-21-2011, 04:25 AM
"These woods are perilous, we should turn back." This is looking good Cesare!

gxhpainter2
06-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Caesar - interesting using just an airbrush.... a dwarf of wisdom from the look in his eyes... but not to be messed with..:eek:.... excellent work... what was the purpose/inspiration to do a dwarf???

barnburner
06-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Sort of reminds me of myself after a week long fishing trip....

Fine job Caesar... :):)

Caesar
06-21-2011, 07:54 AM
... I just realized You resumed fantasy books again (I saw Galadriel), dear Sandra. :p A curious coincidence. Maybe I'm unconsciously thinking about writing some book of that kind.:rolleyes: :D Thank You! BTW, airbrush is terrific for sketching at superspeed and in a quite evocative way. Similar quickies just require an appropriate outline and other darker traits to complete and it's done!

Dear Ghxpainter, dwarves are quite a curious race in my imagination, as interesting as stubbon and ugly. This last characteristic was appropriate to test airbrush, since I could hardly make them look worse by mistake ...:D Moreover I had this nice dark background prepared that could fit a red haired and bearded chap like this. Thank You!

That's why I was wondering why this face was somehow so familiar, dear Barnburner! :confused::D I'm kidding. :) Thank You!

jibes
06-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Caesar. I wouldn't like to meet this dwarf in the woods. He looks like a tough character!

kenmo
06-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Very nice work... :):):)

What do you mean by a background sheet?

mannafig
06-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Very nice Cesare:):)

Caesar
06-22-2011, 08:23 PM
I think he's not an easy guy to manage anywhere, especially in caves, or in a gold or gems mine, dear Jibes. :D Thank You!

Dear Kenmo, I prepared some custom sheets with colors and textures by blending, all based only on atrage tools and blending modes only, often with an old background motive/ noise by our mate Markal; in a few cases I also used a few textures from my pictures. Some of those sheets are colorful and are a good base to start on or end on and saves me the times to think to some sort of undefined scenario behind which would not important to detail or focus on anyway ... Thank You!:)

Thank you, dear Amanda! Isn't he a beauty? Say yes, because our mate Barnburner affirmed to look like him after a few weeks unshaved ...:D

mannafig
06-25-2011, 04:48 AM
In that case I will have to agree:D:D:D:D