PDA

View Full Version : The Pill Factory

MSIE
06-20-2011, 06:02 AM
I have been working on a very large painting lately, but I didn't manage to resize it properly so it would show here without too much pixelation - it either came out too small or too pixelated - sooo I just cut it into smaller pieces :D and I like those pieces more than the original painting :p

so here it is - The Pill Factory (part 1 - 3) ;)
pencil, paint tube, gloop, glitter for the pills :D, airbrush, knife + eraser ... 3 layers.
I hope you enjoy! comments and critics always welcome.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

gxhpainter2
06-20-2011, 07:43 AM
MSIE - i LOVE these!....great colors ( blue dominant but each color is richly overlayed with other tones and analogous colors.. interesting shapes and edges with great variety... try cutting them into 3 equal squares or rectangles for a triptych.... like the border with white line... give a nice boundary to the energy of the paintings...:cool::cool::cool:;);)

MSIE
06-21-2011, 09:35 AM
thank you gxhpainter for commenting and giving advice :) much appreciated!
glad you like (even LOVE?!? lol :D) those pieces ;)

... try cutting them into 3 equal squares or rectangles for a triptych.... like the border with white line...

unfortunately cutting into 3 equal squares/rectangles didn't work - I've tried before - but the "pieces" just wouldn't look good (at least in my opinion) :confused: there always were some stray pills left in a corner where they didn't belong :rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
MSIE...oh well the individual pieces work very well somehow they remind me of theater, a stage ..:cool::cool::cool:... maybe I was afflicted a bit by the hyperbole bug... but I am enthusiastic about these...:D:D:D

jibes
06-21-2011, 02:55 PM
All are cool!!!

shechat
06-21-2011, 06:03 PM
humorous, whimsical and surreal, its gorgeous I love it

Caesar
06-21-2011, 06:53 PM
I love Your artpieces and You endless evolution towards more and more stunning effects. Your paintings seem to be leaving the canvas, getting outside the frame and taking a fastastic form of reality.
Excellent ones.

coops
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
A great use of all the wonderful tool in Artrage. Beautiful colours and fantastic work, well done MSIE:)

Alexandra
06-21-2011, 11:03 PM
I love these, wonderful work MSIE!

MSIE
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
thank you for your nice comments, jibes, chechat, Caesar, coops, Alexandra :) glad you like those pieces ;)

@ gxhpainter ~ funny that you were thinking about a stage/theater - some weeks ago I was "testing" this particular "techique" and I came up with a painting called "theatre" ... it looked like a stage ;)
and yes, I had to look up "hyperbole", thanks for making me learn another word in english :) :) check out my latest painting, it looks like a bug :D

@ Caesar ~ now that you've mentioned it I can see it too: "Your paintings seem to be leaving the canvas, getting outside the frame" :o ... I'm not sure if this is a good thing? after all, paintings are just paintings and should stay where they belong - on the canvas! :cool: