PDA

View Full Version : Lanterns

Alexandra
06-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Rabbit Hole play.

barnburner
06-18-2011, 03:25 AM
I shuda paid more 'tention in skool...
Looks like the launch section of the next generation space shuttle to me... :D:D:):)

Great work Sandy.. Btw - love your new avatar! :)

jibes
06-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Very creative Sandy!!

Alexandra
06-18-2011, 05:31 AM
Haha Mike, very good! And thanks for the compliments dear friend!:)

Thanks so much Neal. These are so fun to make.:)

Peter Pinckney
06-18-2011, 05:36 AM
This route down the Rabbit Hole produces wonderful results.................... but in the end it's your creative mind that says YES! THAT'S IT!

YES! THAT'S IT!
:):):):):):):):):)

coops
06-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Thats so cool and clever Sandy, well done:)

Alexandra
06-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Dear Peter, Master of the Rabbit Hole, Thanks so much. You know, you've discovered something really wonderful and shared it with this world. It has been a huge source of enjoyment for me! I'm so happy that you liked this!

Thanks so much dear Katie. BTW, I love your new avatar!

Caesar
06-18-2011, 07:55 AM
A very elegant chandelier design, made of campanulae (bell flowers?) looking pieces ...

semd74
06-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Beautiful image Sandy...wish I could do that kind of stuff !!!

D Akey
06-18-2011, 11:21 AM
What a gas!. . . light that is. . . gaslight. . . get it. . . never mind. . . since this is about electricity. . .

Great colors! I love it. I am even enjoying the grainy quality. Really gives the illusion of having done gouache on illustration board or something. . . only perfect. Stellar performance.

Mechanically, what you have put down is flawless. Only thing this very pedestrian artisan would be looking for would be the flame(s) or glowing filament or Tinkerbell or whatever, if in fact that was what you were doing. But one step at a time. Your stuff has gotten so competent I am speaking to you like you're an old pro.

Takes on a flavor of those old Mazda illustrations. . . not the car, but Edison's, via Maxfield Parrish and some of his contemporaries.

Well done, Alexandra, and we'll be sure to leave a light on for ya. . . but that's a different advert. . . :D

Alexandra
06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Cesare, Thanks dear mate!

Steve, when you get the time-check out the art projects section and check out Peter's tutorial and project area. A warning though-it is addictive.:eek: Thanks for your kind comment, and I am sure you can do this. What is so fun is that each experiment is like a strand of DNA-unique and cannot be duplicated.

D-Akey, Thank you kind friend for such a lovely and generous comment, and as far as light as with your comment was indeed a light left on for me.

Mike Severoff
06-18-2011, 11:35 PM
"Wow!", -I would say.
You amaze me, Alexandra :)

pat1940
06-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Reminds me of a Japanese lantern Sandy, beautiful, you sure know how to pick out titles for your paintings, I sometimes have trouble with that:D;);););):):):)

Alexandra
06-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Happy you liked it Mike, thank you dear friend.

This is what I thought of Pat. I've always wanted one or learn how to make them. Thanks dear lady!