PDA

View Full Version : Donne e motori .... (Women & Engines ...)

Caesar
06-15-2011, 02:17 AM
An interpretation of what we use to say here:" Donne e motori, gioie e dolori" (i.e. "Women and engines, joys and pains").
Imaginary, quick enough depiction of a pin up and a car.
Usually You see a model standing by or sitting on a car, so I decided to do the opposite, since I've got much more familiarity drawing ladies curves than car ones .
I also owed this to Pink Panther after a quite rough first try with cars (on a smaller size I can better figure out a correct car perspective).

gxhpainter2
06-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Caesar - very very nice work... both on the pinup ( pose and sunglasses ) and the car.... I like the background colors and patina ...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

felixdk
06-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Excellent, Caesar!

MJSparks
06-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Like the change up on the car sitting on the girl instead of the other way. very cool, excellent as always.

annie_okay
06-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Nice! I know about 10 young men who would hang this up in their apartments and ask for more like it.

Caesar
06-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Thank You, dear Ghxpainter! I hope I'll soon be able to design cars more and more sexy ...:D

I'm glad You like this couple of chassis too, dear Felix .... :D

Dear Magen, I like to always introduce some personal and original element in a funny vignette, thus here the beauty on the trunk, boot, bonnet (however we may define it) is actually the SUV rather than the girl ...:p Thank You!

There's a quite interesting business in front of me then, dear Annie, :eek: since it's the genre where I'm quite proficient in! :):p ... and curiously I know even more mature and old men who would do the same (with their wives permission in case) :D Thank You!

pat1940
06-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Another great idea of yours Caesar, and love the artwork:):););)

Alexandra
06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
What a clever idea Cesare! I do wish you would make a guy leaning against a beautiful car too though.:p:D

Caesar
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! I'm afraid I still have problems, notwithstanding my best effort, to keep my brain, even aging, from shooting some silly idea or funny thought each now and then ... :D

Dear Sandra, that's a good point to consider, but I guess You didn't mean a guy whatever he looks like maybe ... :p Thank You!

pinkpanther
06-16-2011, 04:56 AM
very thoughtful.. women and cars....always a great combo..and you have added a little different flavor to it..nice.as they always say.. Italian men have great taste in cars and women..and they mean it right...;)...i am getting kinda excited...will try this..

pinkpanther
06-16-2011, 05:06 AM
hi, in case you have missed this one...
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=359257#post359257

and there is a lambo waiting for you to see..just scroll down
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35439

damasocl
06-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Wonderful models!!!!

coops
06-16-2011, 06:29 AM
I think this is brilliant Cesare and when I get my own car back from the garage I too will have a smile on my face. Well done Cesare:)

Caesar
06-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank You, dear Pravin. I think we're going to see a real show if You start painting car designs and models aside (maybe sharing the same type of character, isn't it?):D In case You may also fulfill Alexandra expectations to see a man rather than a girl leaning on the car.
I saw Your two concepts, one preliminary but alredy quite special, and like them very much, especially the liquid one, looking like mercury-made or like the liquid Terminator of the second movie of the series ...

I realize You really like any type of curves, my dear Latin friend Damaso ...:D Thank You!

That will be a good new, dear Katie! I mean a picture where You smile with Your car and bathsuit too ... Don't forget dark glasses, just to keep it more anonymous!:D

semd74
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
What an imagination you have Caesar...Love it !!!

damasocl
06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
But, .....Caution: dangerous curves!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HarlequiNQB
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Very nice work. A nice reversal of the norm as well.

MacPix
06-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Well done with great humor! Gentlemen, start your engines....!:D

Caesar
06-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Actually a much mundane and passion-based imagination here, dear Semd74. :D Thank You!

Oh, I know dear Damaso, I know. There's always a possible risk of skidding (which in Italian would be sbandata, applicable to both car driving and unexpected, short infatuation with a lady ...) :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear HarlequiNQB! This also means that the object or the toy is eventually the car while the girl, either a pin-up or not, has always to be considered the real a much more involving and free-will endowed target for any relationship I'd say. ;):) Not that clear in these too commercial and aggressive times ...

Thank You, dear MacPix! After all men, including the grown and even aged ones, are often always simple like kids in a way ...:p

rozalek
06-17-2011, 09:09 PM
cool, i can imagine its every man dream to ride a great car in a landscape like this

Caesar
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
... LOL:D Maybe, dear Rozalek. Thank You!
I don't know the historical series statistics, but I'm afraid there are several environmental conditions, temptations and trends which seem to have caused a sensible loss of interest in many men for ladies and their dunes or increased very much either their confusion or their neurosis.:p This, unfortunately, applies to quite a number of other topics and once natural attitudes and have some detrimental effects on quality of life. :(

jibes
06-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Very funny Caesar! And very well done I might add.!!

Caesar
06-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Thank You, dear Jibes! I enjoyed this outcome too.

fornes
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi Caesar, really like the colors, line and rendering in this one. It reminds me of the work of a comic artist from Spain or Portugal. His name is Miguel Angel Prado. But I cant find any websites with his work exept for some book covers end a still from an animation. ...anyway, ....draw a few moore?:)

Caesar
06-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Thank You, dear Fornes! You're right, Miguel Angel Prado is a real bashful guy on the web ... or his contracts have plently of restrictions. :rolleyes::D
Anyway it's possibly not that weird to see style resonances, since our greates Italina comics authors are much appreciated and influenced the Latin American ones and from their best the influence came back to us.
Our Spanish and Portuguese younger cousins are possibly still tuned considerably enough with us ... :p
Anyway a new one may come possibly pretty soon. ;)