PDA

View Full Version : Ramses After the Elixer

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 10:55 AM
I wanted to remake this one of Ramses the Immortal-a character of Anne Rices book "The Mummy."
Using Peter's rabbit hole secrets, and eraser I was able to have fun with effects and textures of different layers.
I hope you like it. Thanks for checking it out.

gxhpainter2
06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Sandy .....:eek::eek::eek:...this is a nice incorporation of what you have learned from Peter and your own great painting talent..:cool:..the colors are rich and subtle .. having the face multiple times adds to it surreal quality... :):):):):):cool::cool:

semd74
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I remember the original...this one is even better...great job neighbor :):):)

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks so much Gary, very much appreciated dear sir!

Thanks so much Steve, I think so too, especially knowing the story.

jibes
06-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Mighty fine Sandy!!! I love the way you have done this.!!

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Almost missed you Neal, how are you doing? Thanks so much dear friend!

coops
06-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Thats very effective Sandy, like looking back in time. Well done:)

Alexandra
06-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Thank you dear Katie, I appreciate your kind words. I thought he was gorgeous, and that he deserved to be redone.

Caesar
06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
I already know this guy, but it's interesting to see him in a sort of psychedelic version while he's evocating supernatural spirits forces through the arcana of the ancient Epyptians magical rituals ....:eek::cool:
well, maybe not that bad to re-phrase it in correct English should You start a story about this character.:rolleyes::p

Alexandra
06-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Cesare. I wish I still had the book, but I returned it to my sis in law. I will go ahead and mention a bit about it though. I think it would be a great movie. The pharaoh in the museum was just another person so that the real Ramses would remain in secret and asleep. Once discovered...many exciting events would take place. A book not for young readers, and would offend a few, but one that I found very entertaining. A book I didn't want to put down and read through pretty quickly. Anne emphasized a very virile and sexy man whom loved women, was a gentle soul, yet in no way a weak natured person, loving all life. He demanded justice and was quite a warrior. This is how I imagined him to look after reading about her description.

Caesar
06-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Dear Sandra, there's a series books on Ramses, in the form of very enjoyable novels where good and evil (order and chaos and their relevant, hidden supernatural sources) fight each other, historically and archaelogically quite accurate, but also simple and enthralling to read, written by Christian Jacq, a French archaeologist if I'm not wrong. There's an English version for sure, since there's also an Italian one.
You may look for them too if You like that character.

Alexandra
06-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Excellent, thank you Cesare!

MacPix
06-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi Sandra! What a hunk!:D:D:D

Alexandra
06-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi Deb, great to see you! You think so too? Thanks!;):D

barnburner
06-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Excellent job Sandy... :):)