PDA

View Full Version : Street Scene

jibes
06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I got to a point that I thought...Gee, this could be done, cuz it tells a story and from a distance looks acceptable.... I won't say what I think the story is because it might say something different to you and I only have a vague idea what it might be. My intention is to take this farther and refine it but I kind of like it as is. I don't know. What do you think?

gxhpainter2
06-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Hi Neal... I like this especially all the great neutral tones.... in looking at it I think it is close but I am not getting a sense of focus..something in the middle distance to catch the eye.. one of the figures or the window or door could be taken a bit further and maybe some refinement of the edges around the man with the hat on the left and the young man seems a bit stiff on the right. over all I like it..:):):):):):);););)

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Wonderful painting Neal, a trip back in time!

jibes
06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks Gary and Sandy.
Gary, I see what you mean and it does need more refinement and focus. Sandy I felt it depicted a bygone era too but I may even have mixed them up a little but that's fun too. :):)
I felt like I should have and maybe will post it in WIP.

MSIE
06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
it definitely tells a story to me, and I like the expression on the woman's face :)

coops
06-14-2011, 02:10 AM
This painting is great and each face tells many a story.
Is the lady in the doorway cross or asking a question?
Is the gentleman in front of her answering or asking?
Is the blonde lady crying and for what reason?
The other gentleman seems to be wondering what its all about.
Well done Jibes on getting our imagination going.:)

Caesar
06-14-2011, 03:46 AM
The picture suggested mood and interpretation to me is somehow a street scene of London in the Victorian age where social misery could be easily met aside of wealthy people ...