PDA

View Full Version : Dance Me to the End of Love

gxhpainter2
06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
the title of a wonderful Jazz tune ....I decided to create something that mirrored that sentiment.. hope you all find it enjoyable.:cool::cool::cool::):)

pat1940
06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Gary, love the movement in this painting, you certainly did put music to it, great job and of course your wonderful colors:):););)

D Akey
06-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Leonard Cohen can be a real wrist slasher sometimes :D especially for someone who also did stand-up comedy. He also made me hear the angels sing, so what a range. Was this title considered jazz? Never could quite figure which section they would put his records since I never bought one.

Intriguing image. I like this one a lot. Has a sort of folksy black-light eye in the sky festival feel. I once hallucinated a neon alligator at night in Germany (long story) in a Castaneda sort of way though it was induced from sleep deprivation, not hallucinogenics, and it had this kind of neon luminescence. Scared the crap out of me, and I jumped and it disappeared. I immediately went to bed.

Two decades or so later, as I was painting I was listening to a shamanologist on the radio who studied Brazilian native medicine men and their culture. He, to my utter astonishment, described that alligator which was a 'soul snatcher' from the demon world or whatever. . . Something I could easily classify as a show stealin', soul stompin, dance me is the edge of the world to the end of Love sort of creature.

So I don't know what anyone else thinks about this, but you sooooo nailed someone I met. . . only once thankfully. . . who warned me about tossing aside what I got.

This looks like his lunch room and some of his co-workers are having a coffee. . .

Well done, lad.

sweetyarcher
06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Looks like the painting is dancing :) It feels so peaceful and lively at the same time.

gxhpainter2
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
D Akey - yes listen if you can to iTunes " Essential Leonard Cohen" version of this song... a sweet , aching and melancholy rendition... your comments are spot on.. I am humbled at your comments and perceptive remarks...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

jibes
06-12-2011, 05:13 PM
A wild dance too!!! Gary this is pretty cool!! A lot going on.

P. D. Dinkles
06-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Ah! Now we can put a face to that mysterious purveyor of visionary daydreams. I don't know how you feel about this, but I think your stuff should go viral. But I would understand that you do it just for the joy of it.

Pretty good looking mug you got there.

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Hey, it works for me, as usual your paintings are marvelous Gary! I love Leonard too. Didn't even know about him until last year one of our dearest members sent me a link, since then I've been a big fan.

MaryLou
06-13-2011, 06:40 PM
I love the vivid colors, this is beautiful

MSIE
06-13-2011, 09:34 PM
you captured the mood so well, gxhpainter! :)
I like this a lot :)

coops
06-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I feel the sway of the music as the heart dances in time to the beat. Wonderful colours Painter:)

gxhpainter2
06-14-2011, 02:59 AM
coops - I am really happy you felt the sway of the music ... your paintings of dancers are all so great I was wondering what you would think of this one...;):)

Caesar
06-14-2011, 04:01 AM
.... I just wonder where they're heading while dancing because they eventually get out of the painting for sure on the waves of the musical notes ... You certainly got the effect here!:eek::cool: