PDA

View Full Version : Quick sketch tribute to Pink Panther (update)

Caesar
06-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm very much admired by the artful car design of Pink Panther, so I quickly sketched this car concept on an old background of mine by the mouse and without any perpective construction.
It's obviously very far from our mate's most valuable ones, but I had fun with this racing version of an Alfa Romeo ...

Bobbyray
06-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Not bad at all, very nice. Red? They say red goes faster. ;)
OK, I'm back to work on the mag.....whew. hehe :cool:
Just wanted to say Hi........my friend.

gxhpainter2
06-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Caesar - you have made a great tribute to pinkpanther.... this has energy a loose quality and sketchiness reminescent of his work.... great work my friend.. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
06-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Wow Cesare, I hope you don't drive this too fast around those beautiful curvy roads of Italy!;):D Kidding aside a very nice painting and tribute indeed Cesare, and I love the Italian red.:)

pat1940
06-09-2011, 03:21 AM
I think you did a wonderful job on this Caesar, very vibrant with red and a strong painting;):)

Caesar
06-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi, dear BobbyRay! This year (and also last year for quite some time) the red did not go faster, alas ... not in F1 at least! :mad: Thank You!

Dear Ghxpainter, actually I was out of my range of confidence and I didn't use any stencil and not even the tablet to help, so I shouuld probably use this just as a rouugh reference should I get a real and nice car conceptual design. Anyway it's just a wish for Pink Panther to be able to eventually have a second opportunity to come in Italy one day and use his talent in one of our most renowned car design companies, such as Pininfarina, Bertone or Giugiaro. To this purpose I would attach herebelow the Alfa Romeo brand and traditional sport cars sticker, which is also considered a good-luck amulet here, the four-leaf clover.

Thank You, dear Sandra! Actually I tend to be a careful driver, especially since some years with my wife and kids onboard. Actually it's our special racing red which is a little our great burning and blood flowing passion for beautiful and speedy cars (and motorcycles), but I guess it's also appropriate for bashful people when blushing ... :D

Thank You, dear Pat! I didn't have the time, patience and expertise to actually design it precisely and completely (for instance the rearview mirror and a couple of Alfa Romeo traditional stickers herebelow are missing), but I was curious to give a sketchy try anyway ...

eighty+
06-10-2011, 05:06 AM
Oetp. :D:D:D

coops
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Nicely done Cesare:)

AlanEu
06-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice Caesar!

Caesar
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Thank You too, dear ATPlust the Old, Katie and AlanEu!

pinkpanther
06-12-2011, 11:40 PM
ohh,nice...caesar,,i am humbled..nice going,really mean so so much to me...you made my day... i really dont have words to say more on this...thank you very much...i am glad that our rages are liking my work..and caesar..you are great.. thnk you everyone for always inspiring me..i learned lot here..

thank you!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pinkpanther
06-13-2011, 02:04 AM
hi,caesar,now that you have started taking interest in car sketching i would like to mention some tools which can help in this.

go here
http://carsketchtool.com/

it always looks right if wheels are right..human eyes are trained to see things if there is something wrong in round object unconsciously.i guess..;)

jibes
06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
I like your mousework !!

Caesar
06-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Dear Pravin (I hope I used Your name correctly and I hope I could take this liberty), it's rather me that wish to thank You for pushing me in that direction.
Afterwards I also reviewed some tutorials and I promise that next time I'll try a far more disciplined approach (certainly I'd use also some stencil rather and perspective clues in case, than just a free-hand mouse like in here).
Not that I will ever reach even half of Your valuable quality and expertise in this genre, but I have to make You and all mates forgive my quite rough outcome here ...
Thank You very much, also for the precious link You gave me to learn some fundamentals of this car design art!

Thank you, dear Jibes! That was appropriate as a choice ... at least I could tell the mouse was guilty for my poor outcome ....:D

pinkpanther
06-14-2011, 07:04 AM
@caesar;hi,nice to here that...will send some more links to you...mean while you can go through some blogs which i follow regularly....list is on my blog...try Carznshit...its real fun..have a nice day...:)

Caesar
06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank You again, dear PPlus! :p
I'll try, even if I really have too little time with work, family, this Forum and other interests, including real painting as a hobby, so I most likely won't be much present ....

felixdk
06-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Bravo Caesar, more Alfas please! You've got me missing my beautiful old 1750 Spider roundtail.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/felixdk/1750_boat_tail.jpg

Never should have sold it :(.

Caesar
06-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Thank You, dear Felix!
Which one did You sell exactly? Have a look herebelow. There are several versions of the 1750 model in from different periods.
http://www.google.it/search?q=alfa+1750&hl=it&biw=1003&bih=592&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&ei=r273TZaVNejt0gGg_4SvCw&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20

felixdk
06-15-2011, 04:11 AM
Beautiful selection of Alfas! Mine was a 1969 1750 Spider, with the same body as the earlier Duetto. We call them roundtails or boattails over here, because they don't have the flat rear end like the later 1750 Spiders. As you can see from the photo, I added the plastic headlight covers, which were dropped by Alfa because of the 1968 US safety laws. It looked much better with them. I got rid of the SPICA fuel injection, which I didn't know how to fix, and added Weber carbs, which I was used to working on from my Lotus days. I raised the compression ratio and added a stainless steel exhaust header, hotter cams and electronic ignition. That aluminum motor looked great and loved to rev.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/felixdk/1750motor.jpg

Take a look through my albums here http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/felixdk/Motorsports/ there are lots of Ferraris, Maseratis and Alfas there.

Caesar
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
It looks like You enjoyed very much to work on that engine and systems, dear Felix, and You are a real expert!
That game was possible in those old times when electro-mechanics and not electronics gizmos ruled automotive designs and systems and many people, with a quite simple home lab and tools, could work on engines and the rest.
Many common people with car (or motorcycle passions) used to modify their cars here along with some of the lines You did too to both squeeze performance and improve the design. There are still many of them often working on vintage cars here, but obviously not like in the old times.
I'm not an expert nor did I ever worked on that, but, as a once technically active aeronautical engineer, I can understand this hobby pretty well.
Anyway You're going to have the opportunity to possibly have again the opportunity to have the FIAT Auto group brands again in US (which comprises Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Maserati, Ferrari) after Chrysler-Jeep was recovered by FIAT and became part of that group thus forming a quite considerable competitor in the world car scenario.
Finally, I would thank You for Your links and I also finely tuned the search for Your past Alfa pictures (using Italian key words) and I got this link I hope You may appreciate:
http://www.google.it/search?hl=it&biw=1003&bih=594&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=alfa+1750+spider+1969&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

felixdk
06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the link, Caesar. I love those Duettos. The design was adapted from the series of Disco Volante race cars of the 50s.

I'm waiting to see what Alfas make it to the States. My taste runs to small, fast, good handling sedans, so hopefully there'll be a modern Giuletta in the line up.

Caesar
06-16-2011, 09:04 AM
You're a truly Alfista , dear Felix (it's a category of people here!);):D

Here some anticipations of the Nuova (New) Alfa Romeo Giulietta.Just being launched here.
http://www.alfaromeogiulietta.it/giulietta/index.html?campaignid=110127_sem_2011_Giulietta&advertiserid=google&bannerid=kw
http://www.google.it/search?q=alfa+romeo+nuova+giulietta&hl=it&biw=1280&bih=607&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Ix35Td79NsXBswaJ5uH1Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQsAQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwsMiOjojo

felixdk
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Caesar, I think I need a "Quadrifoglio Verde" with the Autodelta emblems :D.

MacPix
06-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Love it! My husband is a huge Alfa fan! I want a red one just like this!:D:D

Caesar
06-16-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL, dear Felix, it really looks like You got that epidemic ... :D

Alfa's coming back soon in US I think, dear MacPix, now that Chrysler-Jeep was definitely rescued by and is practically a big part of the FIAT Auto Group (which comprises with, Alfa Romeo, also Lancia, Maserati and Ferrari).;) Thank You!

MacPix
06-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh yes! We are waiting for Alfas and Fiats to reemerge in the U.S. My husband has owned 13 Fiats and one Alfa. We also have had a Ducati and a Moto Guzzi.
He loves his Italian vehicles!

semd74
06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
I like it...very good !!!

Caesar
06-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow, I wish I could say the same as for cars amd motorcycles, dear MacPix!
Anyway here's what is today being launched too by Fiat-Chrysler. You may appreciate a mix of American and Italian contribution on this hybrid design which seems to simultanoeusly be a SUV, Van and Wagon, although not a luxury car.
http://video.corriere.it/fiat-freemont-7-posti-la-famiglia/fcc50b7e-97f8-11e0-843c-2676a120f5f5

Thank You, dear Semd74! This was a first and rough attempt. I think that the presence of Pink Panther here will be beneficial to improve up to at least a decent level on car design ...:o:p

felixdk
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Now that you've caused a relapse of Alfa Fever, I'm going to have to do a few images of my favorites . I feel a TZ and an 8C2900B Mille Miglia coming on.:D

Caesar
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
... waiting for Your Biscione artpieces then! :p As You probably know, biscione, literally big grass snake, is how they familiarly call the Serpent in Alfa brand (part of the city symbol of Milan too).

barnburner
06-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Very nicely done Caesar! :):)

Caesar
06-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Thank You, dear BB! I've got another composition which is half painted
... going to be issued next Monday i guess ...