PDA

View Full Version : The Selkie II

Alexandra
06-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I am on a Selkie kick I guess. I hope you like her.

gxhpainter2
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Alexandra - this is a great depiction of the selkie legend blended with a semi abstract ground.... very original and very well painted.... :):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

semd74
06-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Sandy this is very well painted and I really like what you did with the water...:):):)

Caesar
06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Another wonderful and artistic interpretation of such a mythological creature, dear Sandra. I like very much the palette You used too. It's pretty clear that the place is on Northern Seas coasts (although we've got seals, a type of them very rare indeed and at serious risk of extinction, in the Mediterranean too).
I start thinking I may provide a Selkie too, my own way though ...:D
Anyway here's a place You may find of interest:
http://www.google.it/search?q=Selkie&hl=it&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6tjtTamsE8rYsgaesND3Aw&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1003&bih=592

barnburner
06-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Absolutely love this one Sandy.. Wonderful imagination, and she is great! :):):)

Alexandra
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Ghx, Steve, Cesare, and Mike, Many many thanks kind friends.

pat1940
06-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Sandra, wonderful job on this one, like the motion of the water;):)

Alexandra
06-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Thanks Pat, I wanted to do a detailed background at first, and I may go back and do this later, but this experiment was attractive to me, so I went with it. It is so nice to have layers to go back to, huh?
I love digital art, and so much that I don't know if I will go back to the canvas. I still get negative feedback as if there has been no work involved with digital art. This is bewildering to me as I hold a digital pen instead of a brush, don't I still have to draw it? The only thing I miss is that with oils, I cannot get some of the strokes I used in painting flowers. Oh well...babbling here-off to the brush indeed to finish painting my bathroom trim.:p:p:p

coops
06-08-2011, 02:42 AM
I feel like I am moving on the water which is beautifully done. The Selkie is also so very well painted and she is a delight to look at which is her full purpose lol. Great work again Sandy:)

Alexandra
06-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Thank you dear Katie, always appreciated dear lady!

jibes
06-08-2011, 05:41 AM
I'm not familiar with the story but I like your painting of it. Very nice!

Alexandra
06-09-2011, 02:48 AM
There is a movie that I want to add to my collection-an independent film titled: "The Secret of Ronan Inish." It was a charming Scottish tale. I really enjoyed it and since then I have looked into this myth finding that in Asia there is the same tale but with Foxes. So I guess there is the mermaid, silkie or selkie, and the fox, all to me charming fantasies.;)
Thanks Neal!:)