PDA

View Full Version : Animus Rex

gxhpainter2
06-06-2011, 07:07 AM
a devouring creature....possibly a computer virus??:D;);)

Jasper
06-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Great and fun painting. I doubt they will find a fossil of this dinosaur though :p

gxhpainter2
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Jasper - thanks for your comments and I am glad you like this quirky image... yes I am sure any fossils of this guy are long gone...;):D:D:D

Caesar
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Not less than a toxic bacterium for sure! Or, maybe, a modern version of Goya's witches?

kenmo
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Fantastic image....

Alexandra
06-07-2011, 02:49 AM
Another fantastic abstract and clearly an invasive something!!!:):):):):):):):):):)

coops
06-08-2011, 02:53 AM
He looks right frightening but lovely colours:)

jibes
06-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Excellent Gary excellent..!! Reminds me of a microscopic view of things I've seen or maybe even felt. :):):):)

gxhpainter2
06-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Caesar,Kenmo,Alexandra,coops,jibes thank you all for commenting on this...I was hesitant about putting it on here because it is a bit strange.:eek:...but you guys are usually pretty forgiving about what gets produced as images here...;)...so many thanks..:):):):):):D

MJSparks
06-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Interesting abstract, yet not abstract totally. My eyes wander around the colors and shapes with much delight. Is that a hint of a creature from the past, perhaps an ancestor of one of the cryptozoological branches?

I-BRDP
08-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Install all the latest security fixes and a good antivirus :)
Well done!

D Akey
08-12-2011, 05:58 AM
You have some amazing textures going. It's almost like a construction more than a painting. The associations I get looking at this are legion, some funny, some cultural, some deep.

Since you were going on about Miyasaki, I can't help but see a creature (albeit hugely brighter) from Princess Mononoke. The association is based on the head in design reminding me of the numero uno Forest Spirit as it appeared in the finale. But the body also takes on the sort of squirmy patina that was seen in the possessed demonic animals throughout the movie.

Have to say though, the bright colors, strips of color around the body and ribbons make it feel a little like a Mexican pinata. . . which sorta fits in a way with what Miyasaki was going for thematically, being the fight between nature and machine, and the pinata is a target which yields stuff when destroyed. But the connotation is hugely unexpected, not unlike a dadaistic thing like eating dishes and utensils made of animal fur. The context is jarring and makes ya do sort of a double take and look.

I think it shows what impact color can have on interpretation. Probably in all your work, but noticeably in the last few, color was a huge player.

Glad you showed this. I think it shows that your art has a life of its own and is an artistic collaborator with a paint brush dipping into your subconscious. Dreams tend to have that quality as well, I've noticed. So that in itself makes it very exciting.

justjean
08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Wonderful colours, shapes and textures, Gary. One might think it could signify the world today what with the wars, fights, arson and all the unrest around us.

gxhpainter2
08-12-2011, 07:52 AM
D Akey... ah Didarabocchi ..:eek::cool:;).."A giant whose height exceeds 10 meters. It's the shape the Shishi God takes during the night. It has a half transparent body with peculiar patterns. It wanders around the forest with blue light radiating from its body.... "

JustJean... thanks for the comments and yes it seems to be to be one the spirits wandering about in today's world...:eek::eek:

semd74
08-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I think I have seen this creature in my computer a time or 2 Gary...Great painting !!!

L Skylar Brown
08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
This is Excellent - (My take on the image) A Computer Flea! They're so hard to get out of the Mother Board!

AT-TA
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Gary, beautifully terrible :).ANother peace for Moara.

hildee
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow pretty amazing! Very 3D too!

Juz
08-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Love this piece gfx and had to giggle at Skylar's take on it :):)

For me though the frame is a little too bright and seems to be in competition with the painting rather than enhancing it. I keep finding my eyes being drawn to the frame. Might be nice to try out one of the more subdued colours in the image to really let the image 'pop'.

gxhpainter2
08-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Steve, thanks my friend just keep spraying to keep them out. ;):):)

Skylar ...:D:D:D your comment just cracked me up.... very funny! and thanks for viewing.

hildee... thanks for taking time to view and comment.;);)

Juz... I think you are right...I am going to go back and tone down the frame a bunch... thanks for that observation...;);)..

Jasminek
08-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Scary and I bet he is NOT full yet. Imagine if we can see all we eat in our bodies!!! Colors are great for the scary impact. The creature is Not the one I want to see anywhere!!!:D

Bobbi
08-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Great exercise in using your imagination.

gxhpainter2
08-14-2011, 10:21 AM
jasmine and bobbi... thanks for your great comments on this scary fellow..;);):)

silvy
08-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I love it. The main impact is with the colored creature that makes me think of Inca images. Then I notice the building on to canvas with three-dimensional interlocking shapes. The overall effect is amazing!:):)
Beautiful work!

gxhpainter2
08-15-2011, 03:20 AM
silvy... thanks for commenting on this...I am glad you liked the interlocking shapes ... I am a fan of your works ..so your kind comment is very special..:):):cool:

MaryLou
08-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Colorful and scary at the same time. I like it.