PDA

View Full Version : Space Popcorn

Alexandra
06-04-2011, 04:11 AM
I don't know what else to say.:o

pat1940
06-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Very good work Sandra, great title, vibrant with color:);)

wenkat
06-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Galaxy'd be your TV screen to watch while you try to consume those popcorns!:)

gxhpainter2
06-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Alexandra - nice humorous "POP" art.....actually I like it quite a bit... its colorful , graphic, and witty...:D:D:D

D Akey
06-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I know exactly what to say. . . So where's me butter? :D gx really got it, hahaha.

Your mind is in outer space! I love it! Such seemingly effortless whimsy can only lead to a book. . . or, there was, and may still be a line of greeting cards called Paper Moon. Was hot when it broke onto the scene back in the 70s I believe. Had the trendiest illustrators, and these cards were the kind you didn't send. You kept them! Hahah.

Anyway, one of the things about your stuff is that it would be well received as a greeting I should think. It's different, it's whimsical, graphically it's cool, it's just a very nifty way to say howdy without a lot of syrupy sentiment. . . which has its place, but this is a compliment to that kind of sentiment card.

Go Alexandra! :):):):):)

semd74
06-04-2011, 06:41 AM
I like it Sandy...very good painting and could only come from your imagination :cool:

barnburner
06-04-2011, 08:53 AM
All I need now is some salt and a cold Dr. Pepper..
Great stuff Sandy! :):)

Alexandra
06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Pat, Thanks so much sweet lady!:)

Thank you dear Wenkat, their coming at us with lightning speed-we'd better get our big bowls!:eek::D

Thank you Ghx, I appreciate this very much. I love to make these wild and crazy things sometimes. I am so happy you enjoyed this one.:)

Awwww shucks D Akey:o, thanks so much for such a cheerful and encouraging comment dear friend. Many many many kind thanks!:)

Steve, I never know what is going to pop out of a free moment with AR. These are so fun to make, and I wanted to make something a little funny and I am so happy that I did. I appreciate the kind comment dear friend!

Well Mike dear...they look as if they have a little fire retardant on them, but who cares!?! I say a little natural butter, sea salt, and your doc pepper, and my coca cola in a glass bottle-why those space brand popped corn would be great! ;):D

Valerie
06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Now this is tooooo much, Love it and I need butter. LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Val

Tonyjazz
06-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Great abstract,,,the disks are well done. The popcorn adds that spark of comedy and the one next to your sig looks happy and animated....cool piece. TJ

Alexandra
06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Haha Val, thanks sweetie! Me too, got to have my buttah!

I am so happy you liked this Tony, it was a blast to make. All with AR-another surprise with the effect on the popcorn, that I really liked, a metallic touch with the wand and low spread with the paint bucket on metallic.:D

kenmo
06-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Cool work...:):):)

coops
06-05-2011, 03:06 AM
Oh hecky thump, I see elephants floating in space must be too much of the brandy hehehehe. Nice one again Sandy:)

Alexandra
06-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks a bunch Ken, I think the heat is getting to me.:o:D

I think so Katie! haha-thanks so much dear lady!:D

Lee
06-06-2011, 03:54 AM
Dear Alexandra, i know!!! i can say 'I LIKE IT'!!!:)

Caesar
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
The appropriate type for watching Star Wars movie I'd say.:D Original, creative idea and perfect execution!

Alexandra
06-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks so much dear Lee, good to see you and I like the sunny avatar!

Cesare, you will not believe this, but at first I thought of Star Wars as well, but I didn't know what to say. Maybe,,,,
In a galaxy far far away
There was a great battle
Between good and evil
Between consumers eating
Candy or popcorn at the theater
Popcorn was thrown out
Clogged the engines of the space fighters
And the dark side of the force fighters
Were defeated at last!!!!
The End
More butter please.:cool::p:p:p:p:p

Caesar
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL:D
Dear Sandra, You're in a lyrical phase I see. Congrats!
Personally it's forbidden for my boys to eat that sort of greasy, heavy popcorn at the cinema. It costs a lot, it's so much that it often provokes nausea and it seems to be the main business for those multitheaters rather than projecting movies.
Popocorn only when made at home with a little Mediterranean modification to leave out heavy and butter saturated fat ... :)

Alexandra
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Good to know you feel this way Cesare! I make our own at home as well and like to use a mixture of a little bit of olive oil, chives, and sea salt. Your boys will certainly be healthier with their parents raising them with the knowledge of healthier eating.:)
(There are times though, I weaken at the theater smelling the popcorn and drink...I don't want to lie here.:eek::o:o:o:p:o-but thank goodness-it is rare as movies are so expensive here as well as the junk food to eat and drink:cool::o)

jibes
06-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Right away I thought of 45's and Popcorn. Fun..!!

Alexandra
06-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Thank you Neal, this is a fun program!;):D

MJSparks
06-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Cool stuff. I really thought more of a movie theater commercial at first glance, I fully expected a Coca-cola to come rocketing out from stage left or right. :)

and then some quirky comment about drinking coca-cola or being quiet. :p

Alexandra
06-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Haha Mags, I like that, great idea. Thanks!

gioulin
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Space Popcorn ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Alexandra
06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Especially if you sprinkle a little star dust on them! Thanks dear gioulin!:D:D:D

byroncallas
06-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Smells good too.:)

Alexandra
06-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks Byron, that is what always gets to me at the theater.:D

ScottF
06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I got here too late to make any witty comments--they´ve all been made. :D But I like this one a lot--nuff said.

damasocl
06-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Greaaaaaaatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Alexandra
06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Scott and Damas, Many thanks kind gentlemen. Meet you at the movies? I'll pay for the show if you can get the food and drinks?:D

Bobbi
06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
I love the texture and 3-D feel of this one. I also see that you have gotten the metallic look in the popcorn. Great stuff!!

Alexandra
06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Bobbi, Thank you a lot.:) I love the magic wand. So helpful with things like this.:)
BTW, I am loving your designs lately, and look forward to more!