PDA

View Full Version : Yak 3

dupart55
06-02-2011, 06:15 AM
I am a traditional artist, but I have long wanted to try my hand at PC art. Some weeks ago I bought Artrage Studio Pro and started my first 'painting'. I must say that doing this piece was by far more difficult than using brush and oil, but I enjoyed the challenge and I am reasonably satisfied with the result. I am sure my next painting will be better. ArtRage was very easy to get into, it is reasonably intuative and the menus work in a logically fashion. I must admit, I'm not one for tutorials and things, so I am sure I did a million things wrong, but I have learnt a great deal from this exercise, which altogether took about ten hours stretched over a couple of weeks.

Peter Pinckney
06-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Welcome friend..................I can only say WOW!

This is superb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D:):):):D:D :):):):D:D:):):):D:D

gxhpainter2
06-02-2011, 07:43 AM
this is a fabulous painting...you really seem to take to the digital world... it gets easier and is more forgiving once you learn how to work non destructively... I look forward to seeing more:cool::cool::cool::):):):D

Jasminek
06-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Welcome and fantastic painting.:)

Jasper
06-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Very good painting, the reflections are really nice. Welcome to Artrage :D

barnburner
06-03-2011, 04:38 AM
If you did "a million things wrong", I'd like to learn at leasta thousand of them. Fantastic painting!
:):):):)

Alexandra
06-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow!:eek::):):):):)

pat1940
06-03-2011, 10:24 AM
All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWW this is beautiful work Dupart;);):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):)

Mairzie Dotes
06-03-2011, 07:11 PM
dupart55,
Oh my gosh ... what an excellent painting! I am amazed at the detail
work that you have put into this ... the background scenery,the plane
and just love the motion application of the propeller. Can't stop marveling
at the artistry and attention paid to this wonderful piece and must admit
that I have to fight an urge to wave at the pilot who seems to looking
right at me. ;) Roger wilco, over and out and well painted for sure! :)

dupart55
06-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks everyone. At least I am now encouraged to attempt a second painting!!

Caesar
06-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I started looking for the painting, since I presumed this was the refrence picture, but then I discovered this stunning image actually was the painting. Incredible hyper-reality ....
Welcome and congrats!