PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ballet

coops
05-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Hope you like this one:)

barnburner
05-31-2011, 11:10 PM
YES! Katie, this is wonderful. What a wonderful combination... Great bit of creativity here. Well done! :):):):)

Suha
06-01-2011, 12:23 AM
This painting is very beautiful
I am now sitting on a bench in one of the galleries ballet Thank you

pat1940
06-01-2011, 12:28 AM
your imagination runs away to this wonderful place Katie, love it;);):):)

Alexandra
06-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Beautiful Katie!!!!

limey-g
06-01-2011, 01:10 AM
That is so lovely Kate, you have amazing imagination in all your paintings.
Geoff

Caesar
06-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Another really wonderful and meaningful painting, dear mate.
A lot of mystery here! Who's behind the mask? Is he the Price Charming, a Dark and Handsome, a dangerous seducer, a secret admirer or an infatuated powerful and deadly boss?
Whatever the answer, the dancing lady is spreading her charm and seductive attractiveness by means of her graceful movements believing in a happy ending.

Valerie
06-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Katie this is outstanding as always.
Val

coops
06-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Thank you so much Barnburner, Suha, Pat, Sandy for your kind comments.:)

coops
06-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Thanks Limey, imagination lets you go to places that one cannot decriibe but I try to paint them, happy you enjoyed this one:)
Thank you so much Cesare and I love all the things that you wrote, hmmmmmm wonder what I was painting hope it wasnt the ex boss.lol:)
Thanks Val for your kind comments:)

gxhpainter2
06-01-2011, 04:52 AM
coops - very dramatic and well painted work... when I first glimpsed it I was immediately reminded of a Greek tragedy.. I like the way you have used the huge mask as a stencil and then brought in the blue hues showing brushstrokes... the ballerina seems to be floating over an ocean of blue.. very well done!:):):)

jibes
06-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Your on a roll Katie!! Super..!!

semd74
06-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Stunningly beautiful Katie...love the colors on this one !!!

gioulin
06-01-2011, 11:11 PM
:eek:

Its like a dream! gratz very nice work!

coops
06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Thank you Painter, Jibes, Semd and Gioulin for taking the time to look and your wonderful comments, thanks again:)

D Akey
06-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Ms Coops, you have painted a ballet complete with set. Very Phantom of the Opera, in a ballet sort of way. If that's her muse, he's looming large, almost godlike in scale. In fact, it's a bit like one of the Olympians was given a backstage pass. . . :D

Fantastic movement in this. Iconic in feel. One wonders what the music is she is dancing to.

Brava!

Sparkybrown
06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Wonderful image. I looked through your gallery. You have some very interesting works. The way you work with color is very nice. Have you ever considered posting a tutorial on how you work with color?

Curiously, are the works on your gallery in some what chronological order? There is a progression there that is really amazing. If they are, it's so nice to see how artists styles change and morph.

Again, a very nice piece. Kudos.

coops
06-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Dear Mr Akey, thank you so much for your interpretation of Blue Ballet and as most of my paintings do it came out of the blue. (No pun intended lol) I listen to many different types of music and hope that a painting will emerge. I love what you see and how you describe with your painterly words. Many thanks for giving myself and this forum so much encouragement:)
Thanks Sparky for your kind words which are really appreciated. Yes my gallery starts from when I first bought Artrage, I think it is a good think to keep looking back at them and see how one used to paint. Artrage is a fabulous program. As for colour I sometimes just put colours on a canvas, move it about and see what happens and this really adds to the fun of Artrage:)

Mairzie Dotes
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
coops,
This is not a painting but more of an expression of romance, intrigue,
mystery and the song of passion that is played, heard, danced and
preformed to the rhythm of the heart. Absolutely beautiful ... the
reflective hues are captivating, just captivating, a rhapsody in blue
this truly is! :)

coops
06-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you so much Mairzie for your lovely comments which are much appreciated:)