PDA

View Full Version : Inside?

Alexandra
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Perhaps a preying mantis, or the inside of one of Skylar's Iris', or a rabid rabbit from Peter's rabbit hole?
Anyway a bit scary yet beautiful I think.:o

barnburner
05-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I see a praying mantis...perhaps one that got too big a dose of radiation from the Japanese nuclear plant? :D;)
I like this a lot Sandy. Well done. :D:D

Muir Dragonne
05-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Beautiful! I see a hooded cobra.

Mike Severoff
05-30-2011, 12:22 AM
Powerful! Reminiscent of my first date.

Alexandra
05-30-2011, 03:10 AM
MikeBB, I think you are right and you've given me an idea! This could be a 50's styled movie, "Invasion of the Preying Mantis' and Zombies Come a Calling." :eek:

Thank you Muir, it is great to read what people see. I made one a while back where our mate Rob in Denver wrote that he saw a pink pig. We all had a laugh over everyones comments. These to me are really fun.:D

Mike, now I will have a grin on my face all day! Mike and his first date-poor baby! lol!:eek::D

gxhpainter2
05-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Sandy - this is nice work.... certainly has a mix of floral and insect dna...:eek:...but it does not feel scary to me... I really like the very light blue gray patches at the bottom... the really work for me as well as the ochre at the top with the brush work... using absolute symmetry in a design can be static but this work with its colors and textures really grabs your attention and holds it.... :):):):):):cool::cool::cool::D

jibes
05-30-2011, 03:46 AM
A beautiful slice of a kaleidoscopic image! Very nice Sandra!!!

justjean
05-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Sandy, I see a beautiful backlit flower in all it's shining glory :):)

Jasminek
05-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Hmm, just don't show up in the dark alley!!!!:eek:

pat1940
05-30-2011, 04:17 AM
Love this Sandy, very beautiful colors, I also see a praying manthis;);):):)

mannafig
05-30-2011, 07:28 AM
My goodness Sandy there are so many things to see in this painting.
Simply outstanding dear friend:):)

Alexandra
05-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Ghx, Neal, Jean, Jasmine, Pat, and Amanda, Thank you all so much for your kind comments, they are always appreciated dear mates.

semd74
05-31-2011, 04:26 AM
hmmmmm...colorful, scary and also well done !!! :):):)

Mairzie Dotes
05-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Alexandra,
There could be subtle hints (shiver) of an image of my former husband in
there but the colors are so vibrant and energetic that it cannot possibly
(yawn!) be him. ;) I prefer to imagine "Inside" as a unique floral species,
possibly blooming on a far away planet yet to be discovered ... it is quite
beautiful and mysterious! :)

Alexandra
05-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi Steve, thank you, a photomanipulative play and surprise. You never know what is going to happen.:eek:

MaryAnn, anyone that would hurt you would indeed be an ugly bug!:eek:;) Thanks so much dear lady for your wonderfully witty comments, that are always cherished!:D

hinket
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah, Alexandra, the colours and design are awesome!

But then, looking closely, one sees the instectoid legs and face,
and are those white things egg sacks?
Whoops, I'm outta here!

D Akey
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I think the Sorting Hat picked you for Slitherin. . . is what I think. . .:eek:

Well done in a white woman paint forked tongue sort of way. :p:p <-- one for each fork prong since there ain't no emoticons that cover the lingua forka.

Hey, don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of places for that kind of image. The world is not only roses n' spice and everything nice. But clearly based on the kind of images and poems you have been generating of late, you have found at least one of your niches here with the macabre, the twisted, the dark. . . Move over Elvira! It's SANDY time. . . :D

Caesar
05-31-2011, 07:43 PM
his is a really impressive and stimulating image. It evocated the possible feelings of a victim of this queer and apparently lethal presence I would express as follows:
"Once You get caught by these mesmerizing eyes and neon-like pulsing color spots You're doomed, unable to move and escape, while a shiver runs up Your spine You almost feel forced to surrender to the thrilling fate, no matter how much pleasure and pain may be mixed and for how long, from this paralyzing moment until the end of Your life which will eventually follow."

coops
05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Some flora require insects for their growth and this painting just grows and grows as one looks at it. It is very intriguing as there are so many pictures within a picture. One of your very best Sandy:)