PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Tree bends against winds of optimism

gxhpainter2
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
there is a lot I could say about this painting...how I got the title all the analogies and metaphors.. but I will leave you to develop your own ideas and interpretations.... I worked on this for over a week... just couldn't seem to get what I want down...until today.. hope you like the final result..;);):):):)

Alexandra
05-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Very beautiful Ghx, and very philosophical as well. Makes me think of these televised deceivers.

gxhpainter2
05-26-2011, 01:59 AM
alexandra - yes they are the "scorpion trees" in our world...

Caesar
05-26-2011, 08:00 PM
My quite simple interpretation, away from an artistic style links standpoint, and limited decrypting capability show me a desert echosystem under a bright and very hot sun.
I feel thirsty, overheated and the slightly abrasive touch of the grains of an almost burning sandy ground.
But life is present there too, with its colors and charm, its rebellion to growing enthropy, decadence, disorder rules, an hard-won type of existence, so apparently frail, but always irreducible, invincle, diehard too.
Plenty of ways to decline and apply this picture and the various elements to more specific situations and messages then ...

gxhpainter2
05-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Caesar - very nice interpretation :).. I always always enjoy your comments and observations... many thanks:D;)

pat1940
05-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Gary, always love your artistic desire to create a painting that you can look at, and interpet so many different ways, it is in the eye of the beholder to imagine what he or she can imagine, and all those beautiful colors you use makes your paintings so delightful to stare at and see what you want to see........great work:):):):););););)

gxhpainter2
05-27-2011, 04:43 AM
pat - thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement.. so glad you like this..

ScottF
05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Stunning visually, gxh! I enjoy thinking through abstracts, but Iīm generally at a loss on how to comment on them. I guess that puts me in the camp of "I donīt know much about art, but I know what I like." :D

justjean
05-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Gary as always great colours and shapes, this makes me think of .. sun hats, sun lotion, towels, etc on a hot sunfilled day on a beach somewhere :)

gxhpainter2
05-27-2011, 03:05 PM
scottf and justjean.... thanks for taking a peek at this... glad you liked it:):):)

Caesar
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
... and obviously there may be also a title driven explanation related to political current affairs where Al Qaeda and similar organisations are trying, with any means, to resume some control after the revolutions occurred and going on in North Africa and Middle East countries which were far from being based on their ideology and outdated social models and also to give sign of their threathening and gloomy presence and retaliation capabilities after Bin Laden and mullah Omar bloody ends ...

screenpainter
05-27-2011, 08:38 PM
very enjoyable art piece.

semd74
05-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice painting...and I like the title

kenmo
05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Nice work....love your choice of colors....

gxhpainter2
05-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Caesar - your comments are definitely along my line of thinking for this...;) thanks for the second take from you on this.

gzairborne, semd74 and kenmo.... thanks for checking this one out... your viewing and comments are always much appreciated:):):):)

jibes
05-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Another gem Gary. I can just get lost in your paintings.

gxhpainter2
05-29-2011, 02:15 PM
neal - your constant support is greatly appreciated.:):):);)