PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the Fish

coops
05-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Hope you like this one:)

barnburner
05-24-2011, 04:32 AM
What a wonderful idea Katie..... and, as usual, wonderfully done! :):)

pat1940
05-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Katie, if ever I want to live in a fantasy world I hope it is in your painting, just beautiful......left message in my Crinan Canal......still laughing over that one:D

limey-g
05-24-2011, 04:55 AM
I just love your creations , I wish I had your imagination.
Geoff

gxhpainter2
05-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Katie - a beautiful idea and wonderfully done... such a cool idea..:):):cool:

Alexandra
05-24-2011, 06:01 AM
What an excellent idea Katie, and so beautiful!

D Akey
05-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Very rain-dance Mr. Coops!

She is dancing and the petals or leaves are falling from on high. This is not without great symbolism to the concept of the Muse sending inspirations down to the other realm what occasionally pulls in nourishment from above, not unlike rain. . . or flakes of fish food! :D

Even though she has a European look, there is also an Asian flavor, both with the lily and the coy. And that in today's cultural synthesis is a very timely way to show it. . . Like one of the Greek Muses went out for Japanese. . . or more like a Japanese artist is having Greek. . . but there has to be a ninja in there somewhere if you're going to do a proper up-to-date job. . . :D

Anyway, it actually shows grace and beneficence, and a really cool color working with those greens. As if to say, "Little fish, if you miss how cool this inspiration is you're blind! Now eat your larvae and get on with your painting, mate!" Three cheers for the Muses that really shout to us.

Fantastic. :):):) <--- cheers x3

Edit: Is that a waterlily or a lotus and is there a difference? I looked up pics of both on Google and they look the exact same. I'm so botanically challenged.

coops
05-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Thank you so much Barnburner, Pat, Limey, Painter and Sandy for your very kind comments which are always appreciated.:)
Dear Mr Akey, how your words paint their own picture and say so much. I really love reading your kind words and muse over them (hahaha). You kind encourament is really most appreciated, thank you so very much:):o

jibes
05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Who wouldn't? Excellent!!

coops
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks Jibes, happy you liked it:)

semd74
05-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Katie this is beautiful...very rich in color...your talent amazes me (wish I had some of it) :-)

Lima
05-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Katie, that's cool, you have a unique Katie'style all throughout. But it is not just that, you also have a lyrical and poetic imagination that surrounds and captivates us all. Congratulations dear friend. Beautiful painting.

mannafig
05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Perfectly pink dear Katie very beautiful:):)

Caesar
05-26-2011, 10:01 PM
I like it very much! The contrast green with red/ mauve is always delightful and Your compositions gentle and elegant.
I would expect that next one may be "Fishing the fish" after feeding it ...:D

Simoniak
05-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Interesting idea.

coops
05-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Thank you Semd for your kind comments:)
Dear Oriane as always you are so kind and full of encouragement thank you dear friend:)
Thank you Amanda, Cesare:o and Simoniak for your comments which are so appreciated:)