PDA

View Full Version : We Are Here But For A Molten Core

P. D. Dinkles
05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Isn't Science Gloomy!

Caesar
05-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Van Hallen belts, solar wind, asteroids, all colorful and dynamic objects in this most interesting and dangerous flipper! :D

semd74
05-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I like it !!!

Jasminek
05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Well titled and well painted.;)

gxhpainter2
05-21-2011, 01:46 AM
there you are... hadn't heard from you in a few days..... looks like you were contemplating space and the fact we are hanging out in a wild place.... this is a great composition, and the "space" background is super....;):):):):):):D

pat1940
05-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Hi PD love your great imagination, well done;);):)

Alexandra
05-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Don't forget magnetic energy and the polar axis PD! Science gloomy....I don't know...seems exciting to me!:D

P. D. Dinkles
05-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Caesar, semd74, Jasminek, gxhpainter, pat1940, Alexandra

Grazie!

First to answer gxhpainter, where have you been. Well out of concern for my health he contributes to my hedonistic youth, my oldest son (I have 5) signed me up to a fitness club and personal trainer. If you ever watched Biggest Loser, this is worse. So, in short, I have been too pooped to paint, tuckered out. I spend a lot of time in the Gallery peering at your art.

The painting, "Were Here But For a Molten Core", springs from an episode of Nova - Earth's Invisible Shield I watched some time ago. It is filled with amazing information about the role a molten core plays to produce a magnetic field which protects us from radiation/solar winds, et.al., generated by the sun. In the absence of a molten core our atmosphere and life would be stripped from the planet. The program begins with the gloomy (Alexander) news that the strength of the magnetic field protecting is declining significantly. Don't worry. Be happy.

Here is the link to the program if you are interested.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3902466783636795302#

The painting depicts the protected Earth, and in the absence of a molten core, Mercury, and Venus, the solar winds stripping away their atmospheres. Did not have enough room for Mars, it is the same story.

So if I were looking for planets with life I would seek out planets with molten cores, of similar size and age (affects core heat) on some quiet, cozy, cul-de-sac on the distal end of a spiral galaxy, where this tranquil neighborhood allows time for life to spawn voraciously.

I need to wrap this up and get this post to the forum. Don't forget to set your clocks. The end of the world as we know it begins today. I want to make sure you get this before then.

gxhpainter2
05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
PD - good deal your son is leading you back to maximum fitness...:eek: if you survive we will expect your art to be exceedingly buff and athletic..:):):D... thanks for the Nova explanation behind this work... stay cool...:cool:

mannafig
05-23-2011, 07:11 AM
I like this one a lot:):)

Bobbyray
05-23-2011, 09:29 AM
PD....I get it....hehe but you should try a Super NOVA.

Gee I missed the "End of the World"? Mon what fun....hehe OK seriously now we can just wait until next Dec 21st 2012.... I am in no hurry to journey on into the unknown, physically...:eek: Gee, I wonder how I should prepare the ArtRageUS magazine for Dec 2012? :confused: That is going to very interesting..... I am sure. :cool: MIB will save us.... well, it's just a theory.

justjean
05-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Your imagination just keeps soaring ,

wonderful textures and colours :):)