PDA

View Full Version : The Intoxicated Ogre A Cautionary Tale

Alexandra
05-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Very dark tale kids....
:o:p:o
This one was a fun one to draw. All from imagination and using all AR3Pro-knife, pencil, pen, watercolor, a few stamps, airbrush, and pastel on smooth canvas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

"The Intoxicated Ogre A Cautionary Tale"

Everyday at nine
The ogre was given his wine
Of dandelion and honey
And milk from a swine.

The maiden was fair
And kind in her heart
In time she would pity him
His company she could no longer part.

He had lived a long long time
Two hundred years he humbly said
So many he slew
So many lay dead.

Only the bad he would sadly say
Were the ones he would end
Never the good or the fair
Like you. . . I would defend.

One morning she came
Without the strong wine
With horse and cart
And cheese wrapped in twine.

The ogre whom she pitied
Stood tall from the ground
His voice angry and loud
With his foot a loud pound.

She took one look behind
There was no time for retreat
Maiden, horse, and cheese
Were good enough meat.

The moral to this story
May be quite harsh
But think before you soften
Or bring wine to the marsh.

You see, the kingdom was kept safe
With this special dandelion wine
And usually a fast paced maiden
Whom didn't stay to dine.

Written by Sandra J. Alexander 2011 :o

D Akey
05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
It's a capital story! Although I'm not sure if the theme is: "What have you done for me lately" or, "Don't go off your meds" . . . Quite excellent. I'll have Grandmama read it to Pugsley and Wednesday right away!

Nice one Alexandra!

Caesar
05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
So, never trust Ogres gratitude ... :D
Dear Sandra, Your verses and illustration (and the possible tale's morals) are a real delight for kids ... and grown up people too I'd say.
The expressions are made so well and clear that it looks like an old soundless movie.

Alexandra
05-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Haha DAkey, it is dark, huh? I think maybe growing up with these shows such as Adams Family may have had a little bit of an influence on me indeed! Thanks!:D

Hi Cesare, I really enjoyed making this one. It has been a long time since I actually enjoyed getting back to a painting everyday. There I was going to make this a silly sappy sweet story, and with your delightful and funny comment in the WIP section, it gave me another perspective to consider. Maybe a little twisted, but I thought it would work much better. Thank you!:)
I also have a book of the original fairy tales.....oh quite dark they are.:eek:

barnburner
05-18-2011, 11:11 PM
This ogre may have been somewhat dark and evil, but certainly his taste for sexy maidens was remarkable. :D:)

Delightful tale and painting Sandy. Well done! :):):)

coops
05-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Such a lovely story Sandy and boy what a super painting to go along with it but I arent going anywhere near him because he has such a naughty look in his eye:)

mikejl
05-19-2011, 04:05 AM
Fantastic work Sandra. The writing and art .. love it.

gxhpainter2
05-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Sandy - such a great tale and the illustration to accompany is perfect. the light violet background is just the perfect balance to the figures... the ogre is very clever.....hope you treat us to some more work like this ! :eek::):):):):D:D:D

Alexandra
05-19-2011, 05:08 AM
MikeBB, Thanks! I think the poor ogre couldn't help his lust for people treats, and most of all the females, but in the end his love for the dandelion, honey, and milk wine was his favorite.:rolleyes:;):D

Hi Katie, So pleased you liked it and I appreciate the generous comment. I agree with you, those pervy eyes and expression creep me out!:eek::D

Mikej, I am so tickled as we say here in the south-that you liked my fantasy work. I am enjoying your gallery so much. Especially the 3D quality. I am still trying to find a technique I like the best-I am getting close-the crayon, pastel,watercolor, and lastly the knife all combined are pleasing to my eye.

Thanks so much ghx, I will certainly try and I am so flattered by your request!

mannafig
05-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I loved this over on DA dear Sandy utterly brilliant:):)

Alexandra
05-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks so much Amanda.:):):):):)

pat1940
05-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Excellent Sandy, what a story teller you are, wonderful imagination, you should write a childrens book;););):):):):):):):)

semd74
05-20-2011, 12:38 AM
I love it !!! :):):)

Jasminek
05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
What a story and even better painting!:)

Caesar
05-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Dear Sandra, I took the opportunity, by thanking You on my ancillary Ogre post, to add in my reply some verses too, should You like them and have a new look ... :D

Alexandra
05-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Thank you so much Pat, I think I've found a style that I am satisfied with, I will try very soon.

Thanks Steve, very much appreciated neighbor!

Jasmine, Thanks so much dear lady!

Hi Cesare, I took a look, and what a great poem!
Because of yours and Mikes comment in WIP, the story came to my mind and I was able to draw it. The honey, milk, drunk, it all came into place-and Mike suggesting a nicely figured blonde or red head...well, there you go! Thanks dear friend.

justjean
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Sandy, now there's a tale to shiver a few bones and a great painting to go along with it.:)

Alexandra
05-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you Jean, and thanks for the nice comment about the poem.:):):):):)

gigicharm
05-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Alexandra....love this story! The artwork is so perfect for the story and I love Ogre's. Would love to see more art on the story...??? :):):):):):)

Blessings,
GigiCharm

Alexandra
05-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Thank you Gigi, much appreciated! I am working right now on the sister clubbing poor Cesares brother ogre-lol.:eek::D