PDA

View Full Version : Okavango Tributary

gxhpainter2
05-16-2011, 05:07 AM
This was inspired by some images of Earth from space of the Okavango river.. which dumps all of it water into the Kalahari Desert giving life to millions of animals. the palate of yellows and browns against the blue green of the river... hope you enjoy this impression. :):)

jibes
05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Very, very nice! A painting of beauty to behold!

P. D. Dinkles
05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Your contrasting colors, life and death. It is amazing what that river does every year for that environment seemingly, always in the nick of time. This planet should have been named Liquid-Vapor-Frozen, or H2O vs. "Earth", which principally it isn't. It seems the balance of these three states of H2O supports life and in it's imbalance life falters. It is the tipping point

Another great painting that I probably misinterpret or over emphasize,d which is ok. Read my disclaimer statement which absolves me from any responsibility for my remarks, like Congress.

Anyway it goes into my favorites to muse again.

DISCLAIMER

I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks in the ArtRage Forums.

Caesar
05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
The painting is very beautiful and it would take a booklet at least to just express the references to the various and many possible style influenced You packed in here ...;):)

gxhpainter2
05-17-2011, 06:39 AM
jibes, PD and Caesar - thanks for the great commentary.It is never possible to misinterpret.... and never possible to unhook my work from all the great works that have been the inspiration for current attempts...;):cool::cool::D

pat1940
05-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Another great one;):):)

justjean
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Gary, your paintings all amaze me and this is no exception, wonderful shapes, colours and textures :)

limey-g
05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
That is lovely, well thought out.
Geoff

Alexandra
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
You've got the painters eye Ghx, another excellent piece.

P. D. Dinkles
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
And when, supposedly, did you go up in space to take these pictures?

gxhpainter2
05-18-2011, 01:47 PM
PD - astral projection of course!:eek::eek::D:D:D

D Akey
05-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Dinkles, if you were like Congress, you would expect approval without letting us see what you wrote. Meanwhile, you have opened the portal to hi-jinx galore I would say. Imagine the fun one could have with that magic wand. :D

As to the painting, G, it's very intriguing. I tried to decipher it before reading your intro and was mystified. Having read it though, I must say it's got a sage impression from it, as if the Earth had a deliberate design -- in an Anunaki, pre-Egyptian intelligent ball-kicking off of humanity sort of way. Talk about an overview :eek:. . . you just didn't say from when your vision came. :D:D

Suha
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I love all your work in this beautiful colors:)

coops
05-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Wow Painter you have given us a treasure map. WHERE'S THE TREASURE, TELL ME TELL ME, well I think this is a treasure of a painting. Well done again on creating something that makes us look and observe.:)