PDA

View Full Version : 10 min Paintings Thread

jibes
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I came across a fellow on uTube who was doing a painting while blindfolded. He said it would cut the ties that were tugging at you while you painted which caused stress that effected your paintings. This would free you up!! He thought his painting was great. A matter of opinion. As you can imagine it was quite abstract. Someone commented that his paintings looked like a 2 year old did them. The painter considered this a great complement because a 2 year old has no notion of whether it's good or bad. And, I can agree with that. It would have been much worse if it would have been like a 6 year old's. :)

I thought what a great idea. But it would not be easy to do in artrage, especially if you use colors because it would be hard to pick them and anything else you try to do. With a tablet maybe one could use a pencil or crayon and turn off the monitor or make the screen black or even turn your back to achieve the same sort of thing. That might just work.

I thought maybe if you set a very short time limit It might be a way to not worry about what you painted. So that's what I have done. Actually some of them took a little longer than 10 mins but it was still my goal at least. I do like this experiment and I think it might work. Actually this might put pressure on you doing it so fast that I don't know it this would accomplish the desired stress-free-effect either. Also a hard part is coming up with an idea of what to paint which the blindfolded chap didn't worry about.
I suppose this is actually speed painting although I do not know the exact definition of that is. 10 min is an arbitrary time period of my choosing, it could have been more or less.

damasocl
05-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Wow!!!!
The 3 sketches are amazing, not only for the time spent on them, but also the richness of the color palette.

gxhpainter2
05-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Neal - these three are really nice for the quickness and the style exhibited... you may have the makings of a real style that is yours.... very nice...:cool:

jibes
05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks Damaso and Gary. Glad you liked them.

jibes
05-14-2011, 04:30 PM
I have decided to include these in one thread instead of separate because they are related.
This one is an abstract done in 10 min or less. I used a Split Complementary Color scheme on this one.

jibes
05-14-2011, 04:34 PM
This Started as a 10 min one but turned into a 1/2 hr project. I did have good intentions though. :):):)

jibes
05-14-2011, 05:18 PM
If anyone else cares to give this a try, feel free to post it here if you like. It would be interesting to see how it goes.

justjean
05-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Neal, 3 great paintings and in such a short time :):):):)

mannafig
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Very nice little idea and they turned out great:):)

Alexandra
05-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow, great work Neal!

kenmo
05-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I very much love this painting style... Awesome & beautiful for sure....

Caesar
05-16-2011, 09:17 PM
The limited time doesn't seem to limit the quality of Your style in these examples. Very good!