PDA

View Full Version : Colors for Japan

Caesar
05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm about to have the two paintings finished in view of June's charity exhibition in Rome.
I put them together. The second one was actually made in three version. The basic one, a black and white one with red accents and a third one obtained by a difference filter on a pink layer.
Any further comment would be useful for completion and selection, especially which of the three version of the second painting is the most appropriate.
Thank You very much!

Muir Dragonne
05-10-2011, 01:16 AM
These are beautiful, Caesar. The first one is very oriental and looks like something you would see on a scroll. For the second one, I personally like the normal coloured and the b/w with red accents ones best. :)

gxhpainter2
05-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Caesar - beautiful works.... I think that the Tsunami wave, and the black and white Madonna . I like the colored Madonna but the black and white is a powerful statement in its simplicity. Let us know how it goes... Are you going to have them printed? What size and on what material...??

:):):)

barnburner
05-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Caesar, these are extremely powerful, and obviously, extremely well done. They are all great, but for what it's worth, I think the bottom left would be the most appropriate. Wonderful work. :):)

justjean
05-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Caesar, that first is wonderful , style, drawing and painting

As for the second I do like the first b/w as it suits the sombreness of the ocasion but the third is also another great painting, the second one I do not care for .:D

Caesar
05-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Thank You also for Your advice about the candidate versions for final selection, dear Muir!

Actually the B&W was an option since the start, dear Gxhpainter, although I wondered whther to keep it more graphical or plastic as in this case. The red accent came later on as an idea because of the Japan flag and the tragedy. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner. Actually the one You indicate is the most original version, with the reverse tones reminding a sort of negative film frame. Quite appropriate too to describe the sense of death ...:rolleyes:

At this point in time the B&W seems to score the best in this poll, dear Jean! Thank You!

Noogins
05-10-2011, 08:07 AM
caesar great job on these! Out of the three done different ways I like the black and white the best but all are very powerful and just awesome. :)

screenpainter
05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Both pics are great. of the second painting, I really like the color version bottom right.

Caesar
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Right, dear Noogins! After all black and white is always very elegant, isn't it? It fits the mourning better. Thank You!

Thank you dear Albert! I think I finally hooked, more or less, a credible scene and right enough proportions and lights for a decent composition mostly imaginative (thus a sensibly though challenge for me).

D Akey
05-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow Caesar. Those tightened up when reduced. They look very polished and you should be proud of them. Well presented.

Alexandra
05-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Excellent Cesare, you should be proud.

Caesar
05-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Only proud enough to dare showing, dear D Akey, a little more for the idea than the actual execution, but I guess I still have more room to improve than to worsen after all ... :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! I hope it will be a quite universal and clear communication between two worlds so far apart and, still, so close when we come at our shared human condition. :rolleyes:

coops
05-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Together these pieces of art look wonderful Cesare and masterfully painted.:)

jibes
05-11-2011, 05:32 AM
Upper left and lower right get my vote. Excellent paintings!

Suha
05-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Each one has an advantage over the other ..
I liked the black and white

Caesar
05-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Thank You, dear Katie! Anyway I will have to make a selection though for the second painting, because printing on canvas is quite expansive ...

Thank you, dear Jibes for Your advice too!

Your suggestion and liking are very appreciated, dear Suha! Thank You very much.

Lima
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
All are beautiful Sir. I like the black and white with the red sun. Stunning image:eek:

Caesar
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Thank You, dear Oriane! It looks like it's the preferred one in this poll!