PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers

Alexandra
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Who were they? They looked like us.....had they been here before????:eek::cool:

Having fun with space art again. The home repairs are getting to me.:o:p

gxhpainter2
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Alexandra - you are getting quite good at space art...:cool::cool: this is an especially fine work... love the colors and detail. and mystery... hope your house remodel is done soon so you can relax and enjoy your new home this summer.:cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):)

Alexandra
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Thank you GX. I appreciate your kind comment. Yes, I think it will be soon. I never knew what a leaky pipe could do-I had to rip up two bathroom floors, and part of the sheetrock was ruined and had to be cut out and replaced. What an education!:rolleyes:

AT-TA
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Sandy, this is beautiful, so inviting to a far intergalaxical places... really like this new way you are going...:-)

ilovric
05-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice one Alexandra! ;)

i am new around here, so my question is what tools and what exact software package are you using to make your extraordinary work of art? :)

Stay good!
Peace!

Alexandra
05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks so very much AT, I am having a lot of fun! So pleased that you enjoyed it:)

Hi Ilo, thank you for such a generous comment. I only use AR now. I enjoy experimenting with the masking tools along with airbrush, watercolor, and knife. I use the frost and the fine frost tool in the knife settings.
Each object is on it's own layer and I will duplicate and combine-duplicate object again-use color tool and change opacity for shadows- and use enhancements from the options available.
Here is screen shot of some of the layers. Hope you enjoy and have fun.;):)

ilovric
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Thank you very much for your kind reply Alexandra!

I am using iPad version at the moment, but I need to try full desktop version as well if I want to match levels of detail seen on some exceptional pieces of art posted here! :)

Alexandra
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
You are very welcome Ilo. It is a complete blast-this software, and great for photo play as well.
I don't know about the iPad side yet. Haven't played with it-can't wait though!:cool:
Take care!

semd74
05-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Hang in there Sandy...this too shall pass...nice painting !!!

barnburner
05-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I love this Sandy... Wonderful bit of imagination, and extremely well painted. :):)

justjean
05-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Looks great Sandy and it also looks like your having fun :)

Caesar
05-10-2011, 06:46 AM
This space painting is marvellous and very professional as ever for You.
Your style is magnificent. I just wonder what the crew components look like.

Noogins
05-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Alexandra this is just totally beautiful! I absolutely love the colors!

Alexandra
05-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Steve, thank you-and I should be ashamed for complaining. I think I am just tired. I appreciate your kind comment dear friend,and thanks again.

Mike
Jean
Cesare
Hannah
Thank you all so so much for your kind and generous comments dear mates.

johnnykethes
07-07-2021, 05:45 PM
Wait till you get to the Birkdale plumbing repairs and you'll make dinosaur drawings. lol.

Alexandra
07-16-2021, 06:30 AM
Missed Noogins, ten years too late! Much appreciated, hope you’re okay and make it back to us.
Hi Johnny, haha thanks! New-old house now, and here we go again. Husband cut out rotten compressed floor under old cast iron sink yesterday. Ready to rebuild and prime, adding new faucet….this time around we will not attempt to do this ourselves. Age and lack of cartilage is a large part of it😜

I’ve been enjoying new ArtRage iPad app. Take care ragers. 💕