PDA

View Full Version : First ArtRage attempt

robertgiffin
12-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Just thought I'd contribute. I got my son a tablet PC for Christmas and we started playing with it. I was immediately impressed and decided to go find the best art program available. I knew the hardware was advanced but I had no idea that software had caught up. ArtRage let's me create naturally like I do on paper.

I gave up art in the 1985 timeframe as too cumbersome (materials, mess and such). I may just pick it back up again!

My WIP is a little flat because I'm just getting the blending down at this point. 11 Layers give it the seperation I need for clarity. I'm using the crayon tool on zero grain paper.

Comments welcomed. Like I said I haven't picked up a colored pencil (my old preferred medium) since about 1985 so it will take some comment, critique, and adjustment.

Gif...

AndyRage
12-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi robertgiffin, and welcome to the forum.
Your picture is fantastic. The detail in the hair is excellent.

I look forward to seeing more of your work. Now, you're just going to have to wrest the TabletPC from your son and tell him to get his own.
;)

robertgiffin
12-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks Andy. I selected the subject for a few reasons. The hair was one of them. Another reason was the glasses - and the lenses still need a lot of work. I have them on a 49% opacity layer and I'm kind of struggling with the color. I want it transparent to a point. I'm just gonna have to futz with it I suppose. I selected it overall for the effect and what I can learn from it.

Thanks for the comment but still very much a WIP. I plan to try oils next, maybe a landscape or something. I'm very much impressed with ArtRage.

ENCHANTER
12-27-2006, 10:11 AM
that is a really good face painting,
well done

:)

danbo
12-31-2006, 11:07 AM
hello, Robertgiffin, you painting is beautifull, and if i could, I only would like to tell you that you can give you portrait alive, giving some brilliant points in the eye, adding a lacrymal gland in the left corner. May be, if you give an impresion of transparency for the glass, you'll have an other result.
Dont worry, it's only my point of view. Look at a Raytracing production to see what you can obtain.
Good work

robertgiffin
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Danbo - your comments are appreciated, look in the Gallery for the completed work at .http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3771

danbo
01-02-2007, 05:32 AM
that's ok robertgiffin. Welldone

Cold Revolver
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Great work.

jimandersonz
02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
masterful! dont do anything you are not doing anyway.. again.. wonderfully perfect.

pai
02-08-2007, 02:07 PM
It's a nice work. So detailed.

giggavega
02-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Very well done ,especialy since this is your first atempt.