PDA

View Full Version : pic #100524: Haron

Mike Severoff
05-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Haron. Beginning

Peter Pinckney
05-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Brilliant!Fantastic! I love it!!! Well painted Mike!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):)

justjean
05-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Mike, this wonderful, so dark and dramatic

limey-g
05-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Well painted, love it.
Geoff

Frisch
05-06-2011, 10:00 AM
Painting skills...:)

gxhpainter2
05-06-2011, 10:25 AM
mike -- painting subject matter = :cool::cool::cool: quality of painting = :eek::eek::eek:
super nice work!:D

Alexandra
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow Mike, outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jibes
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Superior Duper!! Very fine!!!

screenpainter
05-06-2011, 05:22 PM
great job on this MIke.
It must be someone who died recently.

MacPix
05-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Great painting!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Noogins
05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
This is too cool for words. All I can say is awesome! :):):):):):):):)

Mike Severoff
05-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Excuse me, I forgot to immediately add some explanations:
Sketch of this picture was taken 05/24/2010 and you could see it from here.
The motive for the image was a novel by Roger Zelazny, "The Immortal", which I read several years ago.
I did not come back to this work a long time, because It seemed to me that the problem is too complicated.
But I occasionally think back to this topic.
Over the past week I finished it (about an hour per day). I think so.

Thank you, friends

Mike Severoff
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
It must be someone who died recently.
I'm rusty ancient mythology, but to find out the origin of Charon did not need to:
-I invented it myself. :)
Who was he before? Why engaged in this trade?
.. eruption. Charon to the rescue the perishing people.
They all die. But do not realize it. Charon puts everyone in a boat and they sail.
"Carrier" and his comrades are already on the "other world", so they lost their way and entered the Styx.
Since Charon landed on the "opposite" riverside..

As an special case? :)

Caesar
05-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Is he Haron or rather Charon, the infernal ferryman? Or to say it with Dante "Caron dimonio dagli occhi di bragia ...", "Devil Charon with eyes of ember ...".
This painting is impressively good and powerful indeed!

Mike Severoff
05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Is he Haron or rather Charon, the infernal ferryman? Or to say it with Dante "Caron dimonio dagli occhi di bragia ...", "Devil Charon with eyes of ember ...".

Thank you, Caesar!
I describe the "Charon", which is "Χάρων (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_(mythology))" :)
- Maybe he was not always like this?

shechat
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
great drama and impact, lovely rich colour